[39] ashton's a poo-head

yey follow my twitter @5505official

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ciara and I sat at the maître d’s table in the Hilton restaurant, glumly staring out at all the hotel guests who were happily eating lunch.

‘This is shit,’ she muttered, speaking for both of us. I nodded, and checked the face of the great grandfather clock across the corridor.

‘It’s already 1 o’clock. You reckon we can make a run for it?’

The 5 Seconds of Summer book signing had started an hour ago, but Ashton and Calum both texted to let me know that they were still at the store. We had been stuck in the stupid hotel restaurant for the whole morning, and I was getting really agitated. I didn’t want to miss seeing Ashton and the guys, or a chance to interact with their fans.

‘Yeah, come on.’ Ciara grabbed her phone and bag. ‘No one’s even coming in anymore, it’s way after lunchtime. Plus,’ she glanced both ways, ‘it looks like Olivia is finally leaving us alone. If we go now, our lunch break starts in half an hour, so we’ll have, let’s say, an hour or so down at the book store. Sound okay?’

I grinned at her.

‘Let’s blow this joint.’

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

‘Where are we even going?’

‘I have no idea.’

I fumbled with my phone, drawing it out of my pocket and unlocking the screen. In front of me, Ciara was easily walking down the back street despite the stupid uniform, looking both ways for a path back to the main road. I was trailing behind her, wobbling in my heels and tight skirt. There was some weird-ass scarf around my neck that Olivia had insisted was regulation, and it was so itchy I felt like cutting my head off just to stop it. We should’ve gotten changed, I internally groaned, but I knew we wouldn’t have even gotten out of the building if we did. Olivia would’ve caught us on our way past the front door if it wasn’t for Beck.

‘Optus wishes to advise you that you have insufficient credit left to make a call. To recharge, please dial the-‘

‘Oh, shut up.’

I clicked off my phone angrily.

‘Ciara, can I use your phone to call Ashton?’

She tossed it to me.

‘I thought you were the tour guide, not him.’

‘Yeah, well, it helps if I know where I’m going,’ I bit back, and she laughed. ‘Sure, call him. He’s under my favourites list.’

I tapped my way to Ashton’s number and opened the call, waiting for him to answer.

‘Hello?’

‘Hey Ciara,’ Ashton’s deep voice echoed in my ear and I blushed for no reason (a/n wow get your shit together emma).

‘Um, no sorry, it’s Emma. Hey,’ I spoke, breathless (a/n wtf man pull yourself together), and smiled when Ashton’s voice changed.

‘Well, hey Princess. You coming down to visit me any time soon?’

I smiled at the receiver.

‘We’re actually on our way now, but I don’t know where I’m going, so I’m just following Ciara around. Which might not be the best thing,’ I said truthfully, and Ashton laughed.