[13] the rock bandit

The next thing I knew, my alarm clock was going off. I groaned; my head was reeling and I couldn’t see straight - I had a massive headache.

And then, as I turned over to turn my clock to sleep, Luke was walking into the room, not even looking at me as he walked over to the curtains and drew them back violently.

‘Hey!’ I yelled. ‘I had a late night last night!’

‘I heard,’ he replied casually, and continued to let the light into my room.

‘Luke, get the fuck out,’ I growled quietly, trying to stop the brightness by my pillow. I shoved my head back under the sheets, only to have them pulled off again - this time, by Ciara.

What is this? Is my bedroom a fucking public place?

‘Emma, get up.’

Why are you both in here? This is my room! How’d you even get inside?’

She shrugged, and opened a window, letting in some warm air.

‘I’m a receptionist downstairs, aren’t I?’

Ahh, shit.

‘Yeah, well...’ I paused, trying to think of a good comeback, ‘It doesn’t give you the right to just barge in here, does it?’

She smiled smugly and moved into the mini bathroom, her voice echoing back out.

‘I suppose it doesn’t, but I got sent up by a guest, so technically I’m on duty. Ashton wants you in the auditorium.’

I vaguely remembered the conversation we had yesterday, which involved me agreeing to meet up with him today for a day out. Shit. When I made the deal, I definitely wasn’t accounting for this.

‘Where’s Calum and Michael?’

Luke grinned.

‘Where do you think? In bed still. They’re really knocked out - what’d you do with them last night?’

He wiggled his eyebrows suggestively at me, but I waved him off.

‘We just went out after the concert to a bar, but you know, Calum being Calum kind of...’ I lifted my hand to my mouth in the signal of a bottle and pretended to chug it down. Luke laughed.

‘Right. And Michael too, huh?’

I sat up a bit straighter, finally adjusting to the light properly, the memories from last night flooding back into my mind.

‘Yeah - except he met someone... Lisa? Linda? Lynn? Yeah - Lynn, that was her name I’m pretty sure.’ I remembered how happy Michael was on the drive home. ‘He seemed pretty hooked on her.’

Ciara came back out of the bathroom, catching the end of our conversation.

‘Michael found a girl?’

Luke looked a bit disbelieving, but he nodded, moving over towards her to intertwine their hands together. I smirked. Wonder how close they got last night on their date?

I stood up, not wanting to be interrogated any further. My head was still throbbing, and I just wanted to have some peace and quiet for a bit.

‘I’m going to get changed so, uh, scoot.’

Ciara raised an eyebrow but reluctantly pushed Luke out the door.

‘Don’t go back to bed. I’ll be waiting for you outside.’

I sighed as they left, and shut the door behind them.

Fun day ahead.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________