Act 2: Errors in memory. Part 2: Dream Train

Everything feels cold. I'm submerged in ink, but outside it, above it - there's nothing, only darkness. I stretch my arms forward, grabbing onto something to pull myself out. Ah, perfect. I'm in the train. It's moving. The lamps outside flash periodically in bursts, illuminating the dark cars every now and then - the ones inside are broken. Sparks in the wiring nearby indicate the presence of electricity, though. I slowly take a few steps forward, one by one, grabbing the handrails to prevent falling. I can hear voices. Two distant, echoing voices - one male, one female.

"...let him live? Brother..."

"Shut up, Sister, or I'll shove up your head into your vagina. You know who we talking about."

"Yes, Rick. We're talking about you. You. But why must he live? He's just a hollow copy. Spare him from the suffering and tests."

"Before he finds out why we're doing this? What HE did to us? Fuck it - let the boy suffer just a bit more. I wanna give him a chance to do what I failed to..."

"П̷̸̛р̨̕о̧͢͟͠е̕͢͠͞к̛̀̀͞т̢́ ̧̢͠О̵̢̀͢б̧̛͡͠ѐ̡͜͡҉щ̨̛́͜а̵̕͞͡н̶̕н̷̶̸̴а̢̧͜͡я҉̧́ ҉̴͘З͜е̶̢̧҉̡м̸̧̕͡л̵̶͜͡я̵̀"

Sounds of struggling echo through my mind, causing me to fall on my knees. I can't block them out... can't block out the sounds of struggling, crushing metal and blood splattering on the floor.

" You dare to remind me of that forbidden word? We all agreed to not talk about that... escape HE promised us."

"Still disappointed that we are just stress test dummies? Madness in our design. Created to fall as a foundation for others..." Angry moaning harmonizes with a strange, sickening laugh.

"Just shove it up your ass already, or I'll do it real gently after feeding both of you your own eyeballs." More sounds of struggling.

"Shut the fuck up already, you undead whore. Just finish sexually abusing the body and don't even think about eating his balls."

"Please, even cats can live without then..."

"With that logic, even a sanitised chicken like you can perfectly suffer without a head. Why don't we test my theory, huh?"

A single snap and the voices go silent. Wheezing in pain, I get up and continue walking forward. Lit candles appear on the seats. Something invisible is writing a message on the floor - in the language I cannot understand. The lamps outside are gone... the train is swimming through a goddamn ocean now. There is no water inside or any problem with air at all, too. Huh. A small sign is hanging on the doorway ahead. "Logic and physics decided to stop giving a fuck any more. Ask your local reality manager today!" Uh... yeah, sure. If that position even exists, that is. Considering all the past nonsense, though, what gives?. If immortal tentacle people can exist, then why not "reality manager"s?!

I reach the end of the car. And it leads to the vast expanse of the ocean, to nothing. Just like my fucking life! I sit down at the edge, lost in thought. The ocean. Crystal clean and blue. Filled with life, singing in happiness and harmony; singing their Calamari Inkantation. It's so beautiful. Here there's no need to rush or fear that your "boss" will kill you. No need to hunt for the Green Terror. Just the freedom of the unknown. And behind me - candles and darkness, formed by metal and concrete. I spend my Half Life there, working day after day, watching people get executed... even killed a poor guy myself. He was sick - not anything incurable. We tried to explain, but the Professor threatened to kill us if we continued to defend "that parasite". Sure, just killing "parasites" to ensure humanity's survival.