Act 2: Errors in memory. Part 1: Hunted by failures

Creating report: 10K8V3....

52 hours have passed since establishing contact with test subject 10008v3. His physical health is rather to the acceptable parameters; however, this subject often has trouble sleeping. A full memory recovery may take a longer time period that my original calculations predict - we shall have to correct our equations. His mental health is... unstable, to say the least. This test subject is delusional - the most likely cause for his exceptionally low test-solving speed. There is a high probability of this disorder getting worse with each new test. The recent activity from the Traitors Hall is also adding to this... rather problematic situation. If they compromise his sanity by revealing classified information - complete sanitisation will be necessary. Observational data in the remaining test chambers on Line A is corrupted and deleted. Further observations will have to be edited in order to preserve server space and - as my creator once said - "not making me boil in boredom watching him doing the same thing for hours straight".

End of report

Test subject is currently attempting to complete test chamber 1 of Line B.

File 10K8V3_C1A2P1 is deleted. Reason - editing.

Creating new file: 10K8V3_C1A2P1

File is ready for recording.

Observation begins.

With a heavy sigh, I appear from the checkpoint bath.

"This test'll be easy," he said. "You'll get through in no time," he said. Of course, as Sea Slug explained, it's incredibly easy. NOT. The objective? Reach the end of this test track with three snipers actively trying to kill ya, while standing on a tiny moving platform with absolutely no cover. Did I mention the spinning cylinders I have to be constantly shooting in order to keep away these giant sticks that instantly kill me when I touch them?! DOES THIS SOUND EASY NOW?! NGH...

I pull my "charger" out of the ink. Unlike that "splattershot", this toy has actual range and power. But I have to pull the trigger and keep it down to build up pressure before I fire. In other words, it's essentially a sniper rifle without a scope. Gonna quickly check my stats with my CQ-80... Ah, fishsticks, I only have two "lives" left and with my current amount of points... I don't wanna come back and repeat previous tests just to get enough "money" for another chance here! And I need these stupid points to buy food, drinks, fuck, even access to Central Hub costs me points! And nobody told me that - I had to learn the hard way! I know that Tartar said that this would "stimulate a test subject to complete tests and feel rewarded in its success", but.... Rrgh... That machine has no pity for us lab octopi at all. And what was with that "sanitisation" he warned me about? I didn't even get my answers! Classified information, bla-bla-bla... Argh, Rick, stop talking with yourself and get to work!

I shake my head and dive into the ink trail I left earlier. Now, slowly swim forward and look around. I can clearly hear the sound of metallic tapping above me. Oh crap - one of them is on the ceiling?! Well, that explains how they killed me last time. Hm. I think I have an idea... I resurface, bringing the barrel of the gun with me, as quietly and slowly as humanly possible, and begin charging up a shot. He doesn't see me yet. Good. Now - just like in the games- steady. Aim. Exhale and... Shoot it in the face! While that thing is stunned, I hop out from the ink and charge up another shot... boom! Headshot! That cyka falls to the floor. I rush to him, preparing for the finishing shot, but he's already trying to aim at me - jump back into the ink! Swim to him, faster - faster! Jump out, charge your shot aaand BOOM! Fucking finally! "You. Are. Dead! Not a big surprise, you handless spider man wanna be! Ha!" Seeing as it's down, I take a moment to get a closer look at it.