chapter 12

Forrest POV
      "10 miles out." Our best tracker Theo informs us. I can tell we are getting close. I can feel her. But she doesn't seem weak. But that might just be me wanting her to be ok.
     Soon we are able to see their compound. "Something's not right here... They all seem... Tired." I say. "Like they haven't slept for days." Mac inputs. "We should wait till dark to attack. We would have the element of surprise." Parker explains. We all agree and begin to wait.
     Hours go by and then I feel it. Pain starts in my back and soon moves to other parts of my body. "What's going on? Why does it hurt?" I ask in a panic. "Forrest listen to me... Take deep breaths and focus on me." One of the older wolves says. And I do. The pain begins to intensify before it vanishes completely.
      I open my eyes and hers are sad. "What's wrong?" I ask. "They are.. they are torturing her alpha." She whispers and then the most beautiful sound reaches my ears. "Is she... Laughing?" Parker asks with a small smile. "She knows we are here." Mac whisper shouts. Everyone smiles and we relax. She is ok.
     After what feels like forever everyone seems to be going to sleep. Night fell over us a hour ago and we are almost ready to attack. Just a few more minutes. "You better run, run, run, here we come
Revving our engines under the sun
You're cruisin' for a bruisin'" roxxys voice carries all through out the compound. "That's why they look like they haven't slept.... They haven't." Parker laughs.
     We all sober up and move in. "Alpha you go get Luna... We got the rest." Parker mindlinks. "Mate!" Roxxy yells in my head. "She hasn't let me out since she woke up. She hasn't slept since she woke up. And she keeps pissing them off." Roxxys wolf complains. "That's my roxxy. Listen we are here. We are coming to get you now." I reply. Then connection is cut and bright lights flood the area. "Well shit..." I say standing up all the way. "Well well well looks like you came to me. And I was going to have to push back the attack date because your bitch won't shut up." A voice says. "She won't scream when we torture her but at night all she does is scream. And she just won't break!" He exclaims. "Hey isn't that the one that causes all the stinch here?" Roxxys wolf asks in my head. "Oh yeah HaHaHa HeHeHe that's poopoo head!" Roxxy exclaims. Then her loud laugh echos off the walls of the compounds. And I can't help but crack a smile.
     "Let's see if she will stay talking after I kill you." He growls. "Oh shit." Parker says. The man lunges at me and I let out a surprised scream. "Holy fuck don't scare me like that." I whisper holding a hand over my heart. Then loud banging erupts from a building nearby. "Oh she's not gonna get out. Not even 10 of my men could." He sneers. He goes to attack again and gets a slice at my legs and blood runs down my leg. The banging gets louder and is mixed in with growls. "Oh you just fucked up." One of the older wolves says. I let out a growl and attack. My pack and the rogues start to fight. Minutes go by and the fighting continues. Then a loud bang sounds, and everything halts. A loud growl erupts and the most beautiful wolf walks into the opening. Everyone backs away from me and the leader. She stalks toward us and growls. A few feet from us, she shifts. On instinct I take my shirt off and hand it to her. "You shouldn't have touched him.. now.. you'll die... All of you will." She lets out a growl, on instinct the pack and almost every rogue drops down to their knees.
       Then she walks away. In seconds I rip the leaders throat out and we all begin to follow roxxy home. As soon as I get next to her, she lays her head on my shoulder. A small smile graces her face.
   I end up carrying her half way home, and once I laid her on her bed she was out. The rogues are staying in the cells until roxxy and I decide different.
    Right now I just finished giving roxxy a sponge bath, and am laying down with her. Gosh I miss laying next to her. And to think I was going to reject her before I got to know her. For reasons that were untrue.
   Oh how stupid I was just a few months ago.