chapter 7

Roxanna POV
      I wake up to my alarm clock at 4 o'clock. I slide out of bed and do my morning routine in a blur. I dress in sweatpants, and a loose tank top, a sports bra and trainers. I throw my hair up in a bun and walk out the house like a zombie. Once I reach the training grounds, we begin our exercises. Then it's hand-to-hand combat. Where I notice we have a extra person. This person just so happens to make my blood boil... Forrest. In seconds I was on top of him pounding his face. Using all my strength. Soon I'm pulled off him and he stands. Waving the warriors off we go at it again. A hour.. we fight for a hour straight before I have him pinned and tears streak my cheeks. "It was only lust and it will never happen again." He says. I jump off him and run home. I change into jeans and a t-shirt with tennis shoes before going to school.
     Weeks go by in a blur. The same thing over and over. I've been ignoring Forrest. And I've gotten into my pack work. But I've never really been into anything. Actually I've been so out of it that Parker beat me yesterday.
      Walking up to the training field I get the surprise of my life. All the warriors are standing shoulder to shoulder. With their arms around each other. Singing battle cry by skillet. They begin to bounce side by side singing at the top of their lungs. And it brings a smile to my face. The moment they see me, they charge at me and throw me in the air. I end up on their shoulders as they sing. "Come on skip training let's go get breakfast." I tell them. And they scream and take off. With me still on their shoulders.
      They only put me down when we reach the dinner at the center of the pack with other small stores surrounding it. I talk to the owner and we have the dinner till 7. All the lose tables are put together and we all crowd around. Every chair is filled and some booths as well. At 6:45  Parker starts snickering. "What's funny?" I ask. "Well .. we might have forgot to tell alpha Forrest that we were having breakfast instead of training." He says looking down trying to hide his smile. "Really Parker?" I scold. I order a breakfast plate to go and rush to the training field. And just make it I see him walking away. "Forrest!" I yell. He stops and turns around glaring at me. Then he turns around and stomps off.
    Then I do something unexpected. I run after him. I grab his arm to slow him down but instead of stopping he turns around abruptly. Knocking the food out my hand. It goes flying and his head snaps to it. "I didn't know you were joining us. I'm sorry they didn't invite you." I tell him before running off to get ready for school. But I don't make it out the training field before I hear the warriors singing battle cry.
     The song that is slowly becoming my favorite. We sing the song at the top of our lungs, and afterwards I head off to get ready for school. And the smile is back on my face.
     The day went by fast. The song played through my head all day and at training in the afternoon we actually trained. Twice as long to make up for this morning.
     Then I went to the graveyard and talked to Mom and Dad. But it started raining and I fell asleep. In the graveyard.
    I woke up in the graveyard, the sun high in the sky. "Roxanna!" Alphas voice yells. Slowly coming to my senses I look around. I slept here all night. "Oh goddess Roxanna. All the warriors are worried about you." He says helping me stand. But I go to fall again. He picks me up and I snuggle into him. "You remind me of daddy. Can I call you dad when it's just us?" I ask on the verge of sleep. "Yes. Sweetheart." I tried to smile and said. "thank you dad." And then I was asleep. I woke up to the sound of hundreds of voices swarming me. "Is she ok?" I think that's Parker. "What happened?" George? "Where was she?" Sarah? "She has a fever." Forrest. I'm transferred into another set of arms and tingles calm me back to sleep. And I realize I'm in forrests arms.
     Once awake I feel like shit. Groaning I roll out of bed, and see Forrest on the couch on the other side of the room. Smiling at him, I walk downstairs. And goddess do I wish I didn't. Every warrior was passed out somewhere. Many lined the halls, some we're in mom and dad's old room which I didn't care about. The dining room had warriors on the floor, under the table, on the table, in the chairs. The kitchen had people at the island, the living room have people on the couches, the floor, even a smaller one on the coffee table. I shake my head at them before I go and get breakfast for everyone. I have to drive dad's old truck otherwise I would have to make like 20 trips.
      I unload the breakfast on the counter, and soon everyone wakes up. "Good morning everyone." I tell them. "I'm sorry for scaring you." I say quietly but I know everyone heard me because they all wore small smiles. Even Forrest.
     "How are you feeling?" He asks. "Good." I answer leaning into the hug. After beating him for 3 days twice a day at training I finally forgive him. He announced we were mates and we are slowly getting further in our relationship. But I refuse to leave my home. Alpha Elijah has asked me if Forrest would move in with me but I just said I didn't know. I wouldn't mind but I like my home and I don't want to be around everyone. Then if something like the last big rogue attack happened then everyone would be trapped.