chapter 4

Forrest POV
     She said no... She told me... Her alpha.. no... Her mate.. no..
    You're probably confused let me go back.
    Flashback
  I ran from my classroom to the car where mom was waiting with the flowers and chocolates I had picked out before I left this morning. Once I got to her, I kissed her cheek, thanked her, and left to the cafeteria for lunch.
    Walking in I immediate found Roxanna by herself in the corner. I calmly walked over to her and stopped at her table. Slowly she looked up and shook her head at me in surprise. Then her eyes found the flowers and chocolates. "No." Is all she said in a quiet tone, I could hardly hear so I know no one else did. Then she took them out my hands and left. Thinking maybe she liked them and she said no cause it surprised her I followed her. But she was standing at her locker putting the flowers and chocolates inside.
    Me trying to be optimistic thought she didn't want to carry them around. Then after school I saw them on my front seat covered by her jacket with a note. "I don't want gifts. I don't want your money. I don't want your power." That was it. Then it hit me. She told me no.
     End flashback.

I walk into my dad office since the door is open and plopped down on the seat in front of his desk. "What's wrong son?" He asks me. Then mom rolled into the office. "She said no." They showed confusion. "she didn't accept the flowers and chocolate?" Mom asked but I could tell she knew something. "No she didn't but thats not what has me so bummed." I answer. "What do you mean?" Dad asks. "I walked into the cafeteria and up to her table. She whispered so low that I could hardly hear her and said no. But then she grabbed them with a smile, took them to her locker, and then they were left in my car with her jacket and a note. Why would she go through the trouble of accepting them if she didn't want them?" I ramble. Dad let out a throaty chuckle and mom giggled. "Oh Forrest, she did that because it would have made you look bad if she didn't take it and rejected you. She did it for you." Mom explains. So she was looking out for me even though it was dealing with something she didn't want. "She's a true Luna." My wolf commented. "And the reason she didn't take the gifts is because they are materialistic. She wants your time. Your attention and your love." Dad says. "Not my gifts, my money, or my power." I sigh. They smile at me. "So what am I going to do?" I ask no one in particular. "Well at this time she is..." Dad starts but is interrupted by his beta Jackson. "Alpha there is a girl by the name of Ms. Mason. Here to see you. She says that she will be at the training fields." He tells dad. Dad nods and Jackson leaves. "I was not expecting this. Maybe she is here to accept the offer of training the warriors." He says excitedly and practically runs through the pack house.
      "Why do you want her to train them so badly?" I ask mom. "Oh sweety... If I know your mate even the smallest amount then I can guarantee you that as soon as we get to the training field you will see." She says.
    And true to her word, I see Roxanna in the field.

Roxanna POV
      "Hey Dad hey Mom." I say sitting on the ground. "So I guess I should tell you about my mate. It's alpha Elijah's son Forrest. Yeah that's right I'm going to be your luna." I say slightly smug as memories of dad bowing down to me as his princess. "He's really sweet but doesn't think things through well before making a decision. Hopefully I'll be able to help.
      Also.. um... Alpha Elijah asked me something the other day. Something I'm not sure I can fullfil. I helped with food and meat. Cause I stock up way to much for just me. I also gave him some money from the business. Oh the few trusted advisers I picked agreed and we begin construction for our first world wide building. But I'm getting off topic.
     Alpha Elijah wants me to train the pack warriors. Also I killed the rogue that killed you. But I had went out of control when I did so. I hate myself for losing control, which is one reason I don't want to train the warriors. What if I lose control?" I talk to them. Then it feels as if they are next to me. Then I'm in the training field behind our house.