Twenty: I'm Still Here.

The following day Jim was called off to the city and Sarah was busy with the inn. Thankfully Ben was there(there were also those robotic policemen. They swarmed the outside of the inn keeping an eye out for any pirates). I wanted to help out but Sarah wouldn't let me. She told me, "You're on break. Enjoy your time off. Don't worry about the inn." So that's what I did. But I couldn't relax. I was too worried about my book, and I was sure Jim had already spoken to the other captains about it.I was pacing my room back and forth when a soft knock came to my door. "Yes?" I said.

The door opened and Camellia opened the door. "Briar?"

"Oh! Camellia? What's up?"

She walked the rest of the way inside my room. She was dressed in her best dress with ribbons in her hair. "I have a question..." I waited for her to speak. "Would you like to go shopping with us?"

"Us? Like-your dad and siblings?" She nodded quickly. I thought about what Jim told me; as long as I wasn't alone I should be okay. "Sure," I told her. "I'll tag along."

Camellia beamed a smile at me. "Great! We are all downstairs, so whenever you're ready." She told me and closed the door.

Before heading down I gussied up in the mirror just to make sure I didn't look like how I felt: a nervous wreck.

Delbert and his kids were just finishing up a quick breakfast as they were waiting for me. Sarah offered me some food but I was in no mood to eat.

"Shall we be off then?" Delbert said. All his children nodded at once. "Do you have everything you need, Briar?"

I nodded to him. "Last time I checked my head was still screwed on pretty tight."

Delbert grinned at this while the children giggled.

We were off then and we all road on a fairly large carriage with a snail like camel pulling us along. The animal moved at a fair pace along with rugged ground. The wheels were steady though so there was no need to worry about them breaking. It was rather odd to me. Some things were futuristic, while others seemed to be extremely old-fashioned. Even with how much money Delbert and his family brought they chose to do things the slower way. I wasn't going to complain. It was nice traveling at a regular pace and taking our time to get to our destination. It gave us the time to talk without getting distracted by the busy life of the town.

Delbert's family was so sweet. He and Amelia might have seemed like an odd pair, but they couldn't have been a more perfect couple. Their children were well behaved(occasionally) and were extremely smart. I had no doubt that they would join the Academy be excellent students.

When we arrived into town Delbert dropped his carriage off at what looked like a barn but it was made out of metal and clean.

"Stay together now." Said Delbert as his children ran around him, excited to be out and about. I was excited too. It was good for me to get some fresh air rather than staying cooped up in the inn all day.

We stopped at random shops and watched as the children picked things out to show their father. Delbert told them no most of the time but every once in a while he would tell them yes and they would jump for joy.

The last time I went shopping with my dad it was right before I left for the university. We were buying me clothes and various items that I would otherwise have a hard time finding in Europe.

"Do you have everything you need, Briar?" My dad asked me.

I was going through the lady section for select items on certain occasions. "Yes,"

My dad wasn't afraid to walk the aisle of fire when it came to that sort of thing. He shared a home with two girls for a the longest time. "I hope so. You have to catch an early flight tomorrow, so you won't have time to get these things before leaving, and the airport will charge you a boat size."