Fifteen:A Heavy Heart. (Lucard's POV)

I was having that same nightmare again and no matter how much I tried to wake myself from it I had to see it to the very end.
In my dream I was a little boy again(Maybe five or six). It was dark and cold and there was shouting and guns firing. I couldn't see anything because the person shielding me from seeing any of it was holding me close. This person was my mother, and even though it was just a dream I could still smell the scent of her and feel her warm touch. It was all too real. In fact, it was real. This was a dream from my past.
I was suddenly snatched away from her safe embrace, and no matter how much I kicked and screamed I couldn't free myself from the monster. My mother cried, reaching out to me and calling my name. She told me she loved me and that she was sorry. But I never once blamed her for what happened, nor my father.
My father was gone, though, taken from me at the tender age of four. I tried to remember my parents' faces. And just when I thought I could catch a glimpse of what they used to look like, before the monster came, I woke up.

My body was shaking and I was sweating. I had over slept, missing my first class of the day. My dorm roommate was gone and I happy about that. I didn't want him asking me questions. I decided then and there that it was best to stay in all day. My nerves were shot and I couldn't handle talking to anyone at this moment. I even took a shower, trying to wash away the uncomfortable feeling that I couldn't quite put into words. The shower helped but only a little. I couldn't even eat or drink anything. Finally, I pulled out a holo-locket hiding underneath my shirt and opened it. The first scene was me with my parents(I think I was one at the time). And then the scene changed and I was playing with my father; the scene changed again and I saw my parents together. My mother was pregnant and my father held her lovingly.
More scenes appeared, bringing back bitter-sweet memories. The locket belonged to my mother and I would always treasure it.

All of a sudden someone knocked on the door and I slipped the locket back underneath my shirt. I stood up to answer it and saw Maria.
Her face instantly fell into a sad frown. "It happened again, didn't it?" She asked me. I slowly nodded. "Can I come in for a second? I have your homework."
I stood to the side and let her in. She was the only person I trusted to see me this way.
She set my homework on my dresser and took a seat on my bed. She patted the empty spot next to her. Naturally, I joined her. "Are you going to be okay?" She grabbed my hand and squeezed gently.
I wanted to say yes, but that would be a lie. "I can't take it anymore." I told her.
Maria reminded me to stay strong. "You wanted to do this, remember? I'm with you until the very end." And she gave me a small kiss on the cheek. She then asked, "Where is the stone? Is it safe?"
This time I nodded and patted my chest. "I always have it on me." The stone she was talking about was locked away in tiny bottle and attached to a silver chain around my neck.
"Don't worry," she told me. "Everything will be fine. As long as we keep a low profile no one will suspect anything."
"What if we can't prevent what's going to happen? What if we can't change the outcome of the future and I lose everything...again."
Maria rubbed my back. "We won't let that happen."
I buried my face in my hands. I could feel the tears coming. "I don't want them to die. I need them."
It was quiet for a moment.
"Maybe if you studied it would take your mind off it?" Maria suggested.
I laughed a little at this even though it was in no way amusing, I couldn't help myself. I was loosing it. "Like I need to study. I've already been through this. We both have."
Maria sighed sadly. I know she was only trying to help. That's all she had been doing since we got here.
I removed my hands from covering my face and clasped them. "You know, I was so happy when I saw her. Even though she has no idea who I am, I'm so grateful to be able to talk to her...and to him, too."
Maria then asked, "Is it strange...seeing them?"
I shook my head. "No, not really.
Maria finally stood up and straightened out her shirt. "I better get going. We have a test on The Centroid and Captain Flint next week."
"Oh, yeah," I said. "I don't think I need to study much for that one. I know that history lesson by heart."
Maria smiled at me. "That you do." She told me and gave me another small kiss. "Remember to eat something, okay? You have to keep your strength up." Maria left my dorm and I lied back on my bed. I glanced over at my homework and scoffed because I already knew the answers without having to look at the book. I knew everything about this academy and was more than prepared for it.