Credence x reader ~ misunderstanding

Start from the beginning

'Where? Is he safe?' Tina asked.

'In a house a few blocks away.. He's with some lady.. He was an obscurus and she.. She did what I used to do.. calm him down. He has someone else.'

Tina was quite shocked to hear that. She saw how heart broken you were. She gave you a big hug. She didn't know what to do but she had to go look for him before anyone else would find him.

'We're looking for him. Credence is in danger. You should go home and rest.'

You wiped your tears and nodded.

-

It was late and you were still outside. There weren't many people out in the street you were in. It was quiet. You were sitting on the side walk, completely broken down from the day.

'Y/N..'

You looked up and saw Credence.

'You shouldn't be here. You're in danger. This is dangerous.'

'I thought you'd hate me.'

'That doesn't mean I want you to die.' You said.

You looked away from him to the ground. You just wanted to hold him again but he had someone else to do that with.

'It's not what you think.'

'It's not? Then how did she calm you down? That's something only I could do.
Because I love you.' You choked. 'Or loved..'

'I have my obscurus a little under control.' He said. 'She didn't chance me back.' Credence said.

'It's true.'

You looked up and saw the lady. You couldn't stand her face right now.

'Go away. I definitely do not want to see your face right now.'

'You can have him. I'll be turning into a snake permanently anyways, he can't even date me.' She said.

'I don't need to have him. I used to have him before you came around.'

You got up and looked at you.

'I thought you were dead Credence. I've been heart broken but when I heard you were alive I couldn't stop looking for you. It's been a month since I heard it and every day I walked every street, I looked around every corner to find you.' You choked. 'You didn't even look for me! You just left New York and never told me anything.. and then she comes around and I'm completely out of your mind.'

A tears rolled down your cheek but you quickly wiped it away. Credence got what you meant. You were stubborn, he knew that. Of course you didn't believe him. He got you.

'Y/N, please I-'

'No. Don't say anything. I get it. It's been a long time, you had to move on.. But you were everything for me. I gave so much to you.. I loved you. You told me you loved me..' You cried. 'I hope you two will be happy but I just don't want to look at it. I can't stand to see you two together.'

'Y/N No, please just.. don't do this!' Credence said.

He also got tears into his eyes. He was incredibly happy when he saw you. He was always thinking about you.

'I'm sorry Credence.' You sniffed. 'I just can't.'

You turned around and started walking away.

'No! No Y/N! Please!' Credence screamed.

Credence walked after you. Nagini grabbed him and held him back.

'She wants to go.'

'No! No she can't go! She can't leave me! Y/N!' He cried.

You stopped when you heard something different. Of course you recognised it. You turned around and saw his obscurus taking over him. Nagini was blasted back as Credence was slowly disappearing into the darkness.

She didn't calm him down. Credence wasn't lying. A huge wave of guilt flushed over you. You swallowed and walked towards him. He probably didn't want you now. Credence didn't completely turn yet.

You stuck out your hand and slowly reached out to him. Nagini looked at you in shock. She couldn't believe you were doing this.

'Credence..' You said.

His obscurus shrinked a little. You saw his silhouette. You laid your hand on the side of his face. Before you knew it Credence changed back. You saw his watery, red eyes and heard his sobs. He laid his shaking hand on yours.

'Please it's not what you think. Please don't leave me. Please don't go I can't miss you any longer. I love you.' He sobbed.

You felt so bad seeing him like this.

'I'm sorry.. I'm so sorry. I told you I've always been the jealous type! I'm so stubborn.. don't cry, please. God I'm such a horrible person.'

'No, no you're not. I get it. I really do.' Credence said while he was still crying.

Now he was just crying because he was happy to be with you. To feel your hands on his skin.

'You're too sweet. You can Be mad at me. No, please be mad at you I don't deserve this. I'm sorry. Im so sorry I just wanted to hold you and see you so badly but then she was doing that and I-I just-'

Credence interrupted you by kissing you. You kissed him back right away. Credence moved his hand onto your cheek. He had to pull back because he lacked the air. He then hugged you and held you tighter than ever before..