CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Start from the beginning

I'm not going to fight back though. I know that...you know that. I can't. The only person I can actually hurt is someone who starts a fight, or someone who hurts Katie. I stand stronger for the second one though. She is the one...and I love her.

"What now, dad? Huh? Are you going to hit me again? Go ahead. Hit me. Leave bruises and scars. It doesn't make a difference to me. I will live through you're pain. Yes, you enjoy hurting me. I understand. I've become used to that. I have become used to you hurting me. I know what will happen. I know what it feels like...and I am bulletproof. You can whip me, and hit me, and kick me...I done care. I have been scared of you for long enough. I will be tough. I need to become tough, because now, I have a person who I am going to put my life after. Hit me, go ahead. But you hitting me, is just making me stronger. And if I'm stronger, I can protect her." I finish.

"Sure! I would love to help my boy grown stronger." He smiles.

He throws a quick, but hard, kick to my stomach. I gag, almost throwing up. I make sure not to though, because I am becoming stronger. I just grin and chuckle, and I feel another quick punch to the jaw. I stumble back, but fortunately regain my balance, thinking of her.

I feel up to my cold lip. I take my finger down, and look at it. I have blood on the tips of two of fingers. The blood is warm, and dark. I look at him, and show him my fingers. I smile again, to make him think I really don't care.

"You want harder? I WILL GIVE YOU IT!" He says.

He punches me in the gut again, making me fall.

I roll over onto my stomach, and pull out my phone. I text Lexi...

He's hurting me. again.

No, I don't expect her to come and stop him. He head tried. It doesn't make a difference to her. I'm just sending her this. So she will know that I need help tonight. She will help me clean up and heal. Lexi will be a nurse someday.

My father kicks me, and runs in the other room. It means that he isn't satisfied with is work, so he is going to get a belt. Yeah, how original right? My dad has no creativity. He just wants to hurt me. He knows the belt can.

Help on the way. I'm here. Just wait.

she replies.

I stare at my phone in confusion. Help? What does she mean? She's here? I don't understand. All I know, is that he is coming back with a belt, and I will be in pain. I don't know anything else.

Wait...:|

Lexi

is

with

Katie.

"Katie." I whisper.

I suddenly hear a female scream. So, I run out. I see my dad waljing towards her. She is on the ground, with a chin, already starting to bruise. She lies there, crawling back as quick as possible.

That's it. He touched Katie once. Now he thinks he can do it twice? HELL TO THE NO! He will never lay another hand on her for as long as I live. I will give my life to Katie if it is the last thing I do. She has my heart...and NO ONE will take that away.

I run to my dad, and throw a quick punch in his jaw.

"Square two!" I yell, remembering my self defence class that I took.

Square 1=Punch in jaw

Square 2=kick in shin

Square 3=Punch gut

Square 4 =punch other gut

Square 5=kick in the "part"

"Square three." I say, hitting his left gut.

then right.

Then, I kick him in the twins, and he falls. He gets right back up though. He stands, slouching over though.

"I'm gonna kill you." He wheezes.

Before I can tell, I see Lexi run up to my father, and yell "Please stop daddy!".

Katelynn is over in the corner crying. She has a black and blue chin.

I suddenly hear sirens. I see the lights, gleaming through the window. Red, white, and blue. The police? No, they aren't coming here. Maybe the neighbors house is on fire? No, they are definitely here.

"Police! Open the door!" An angry voice says.

"Hurry!" Lexi screams.

The slam open the door, in a pair of three. Three cops run out, holding out guns, in shooting position. The first one runs up to Katie, and asks here I'd she is ok. She nods. He gently lifts her chin up, with his finger. It is bruised.

The other cop runs over to Lexi, and does the same. The biggest guy, runs over to my father, and handcuffs him. He doesn't ask him if he is ok. He just stares into my father's gold eyes, and says nothing. My dad does the same. Then they walk. The guy who was wit Lexi does the same.

I look over at Katie, and see the police officer is still there, and trying to cheer her up, but she can't smile. It would probably hurt her chin, and she is still scared. She is trying to smile, but it won't budge.

"Hi! Jacob Webster." I say, holding put my hand.

"Duke Pearson." He replies.

"Where are you taking him?" I ask.

"Don't worry. He will be taken far, far away. New Hampshire State Prison to be exact. He will be there for fifteen years." He says.

"New Hampshire?" I stumble.

"Yep. Fifteen years. That Man will be locked up." He says, smiling proudly.

"Look, I'm not really in the mude for talking. Can I talk another time?" I ask.

"Of course. Just call me whenever you are ready. Take all the time you need. It's no hurry. I will need to see you and your two ladies at court on the 27." He says, handing me a business card.

"Ok. Sounds fine." I say, guiding him to the door.

I wait about five minutes, until all the cars are gone. It takes a while, but eventually we are all good. So, I turn, and run to Katie and Lexi. Katie is sitting there, with no tears, holding her jaw. Lexi is crying...hard!

"He...He is gone now." I whisper.

Katie shows no emotion or response. Lexi nods at me, drying her tears with her hand. She is nodding to let me know I can talk to Katie. So, she gets up, and runs into the bathroom. I look at Katie, stand up, and put out my hand.

She takes my hand, and shivers. She whines"oww", clutching her jaw a little tighter. I look at her, and lightly kiss her nose. She tries to smile, and cracks a quick one, but her face drops in pain. I stare into her eyes.

"I love you. I only fought back, because I knew that I needed to protect you. I knew that you were one who needed protection from bad people like my father. When he hit you...I wanted to kill him. I've never fought back to him. You have made me stronger. I love you, Katelynn Webur. I will fight for you." I say.

"I love you two, Jacob Webster." She says.

I pull her close for a right hug. We stand there hugging. I hold her tighter than I've ever held something. She is mine. I will holds her in my protecting arms. I stand there, head in her hair. Her hair smells like her. It make a me feel home. It makes me feel safe again.

COMMMMEEENNNNTTTT!!!!!!

Don't be a silent reader! I did it guys! Another chapter done. And!! I made the ONE TEAM IN VOLLEYBALL! YAY! I decided to add a POV anyway, and show you all his thoughts too. He loves her! <3...I love you all!

xoxo

       ~Tessa.