Chapter 33...

(Don't play yet please)

Megan's POV:

Jacob Key!? Really!?

Why him!? It could have been any other Jacob but Jacob Key!? Why universe, why him!? Why now, any other competition, why this one!?

Ughh, why!??

When I thought matters couldn't get any worse, he walks onto the stage with his 'crew' which included 2 other boys and 3 girls.

As they got into position I glared at Jacob, he still looked the exact same: stupid, cocky, idiot. He got into position and looked out to the audience and his eyes lock with mine.

At first he looked shocked and confused and then it turned into cocky glare that basically said 'Watch out', his lips curled up into a mischievous smirk as i just glared at him, if looks could kill - he would be 6 feet under right now. 

Jack cursed under his breath and glared at Jacob with me. I cant believe him. How did he even get this chance!? His music started and him and is 'crew' danced a street dance. Saying they were good was an understatement, they were amazing, but everyone here is amazing.

Something tells me this won't be an easy competition, even though it isn't a real competition...

___---___---___

"Well if it isn't the 'Best Ballerinas'" Came a voice behind me, a cocky annoying, familiar voice with an evil chuckle after.

"Cut the rubbish Jacob, how much did you pay to get in this?" I said, turning and scowling straight into his direction. Behind him stood his little 'crew' like he was some sort of leader and they were his followers, someone must be so dumb to follower an idiot like Jacob.

Something flashed in his eyes but as soon as I noticed it, it was gone. "Wow Megan, I'm actually really hurt, that's no way to treat a team member." He said, with fake hurt.

"We ain't on the same team, Key. We came here to perform, not reunite with our weakest competition," Jack said, boldly. "Now, let's go Megan."

Jack grabbed my wrist and pulled me away before I could cause a scene and get Jacob out of this event. But didn't miss the same flash of emotion in his eyes when Jack said 'weakest competition'.

Jack pulled me away closer to the stage but near the right wing, away from everyone else that didn't notice our little confrontation with Jacob and his 'crew'.

More people came on and off stage, performing their piece. Everyone was good. And I mean like amazingly-woah-I-can't-take-my-eyes-off-you good.

The different styles and ages and group size varied and it was fabulous.

When Hannah called me and Jack to the stage, she made a little speech - the ones she only made with the really good one - which made me feel more comforted with all the pairs of talented eyes watching us.

"So next up, everyone is in for a treat now, Megan Forrest and Jack Peacock, the Best Ballerinas of 2017. These teenagers came flying from Chicago to be here today when really they should be rehearsing for Joffery Elite exams, and as all fellow dancers we all know they are the hardest in the world. So let's give them a warm welcome... " She said, confidently.

Me and Jack were already in the wing when we found out when it was our turn so we could do some stretches and tell the audio dude our music, as it's a very specific edit and we didn't have it with us because we didn't know we were performing, good job that this place had lots of performing clothes.

The dance we were performing was one we weren't planning on using for the tour but was one we choreographed when we were trying our new tricks and lifts, so it had a lot of them.

I walked on stage with the only clothing available that would work with this dance: a dark blue contemporary dress. And for Jack was just dance trousers and a normal top.

We walked onto stage and I looked out into the audience and imagined them not to be there. Imagining people not in the audience helps a lot to stay in character and become less nervous from all the talented judgemental eyes on us, watching our every movement.

But then realized that the character I was playing in the storyline of the routine was myself. The dance was about me and Jack and our relationship and how far we've come since being our immature 6 year olds to being world wide dance winners at the age of barely 19. We won life. We won our dreams. And we haven't even finished yet.

(Play above)

"That was insane, well done you guys," Hannah said to us privately, before walking onto stage with a microphone in her hand clapping along with the audience and in that moment nothing could take the smile off my face from that performance.

__---___--__-_

When me and Jack got back to Chicago and back to Jofferey, we had so much work to do and to catch up on.

Everyday, me and Jack and catch up classes for exams, rehearsals for tour and family and friends to catch up with, we barely had time to think.

Now knowing our competition or 'team mates' as everyone else is calling them, we know how to be just as good and just how perfect we need to be, but still sticking to our style but then incorporating tiny parts of others into it.

At the end of one of our pax de deux classes with coach Raya she said she had something to tell us.

"So there's a contemporary duet competition on Saturday morning and the duet I put to the job just dropped out this morning and I know you guys ha e so much on your plate right now, but I was wondering if you could support the school and just give it ago, it doesn't matter if you win or not, of course we always want to win but still, and you can say no but just give it a thought okay?" She said, blurting everything out at once that we barely understood her.

My first thought was there's no way we could, tour is in 4 weeks we should be focusing on that and not some little competition. But then thought about how it could be kind of a warm up to prepare us for the tour.

Coach Raya walked out by he door but before she made it all the way and before I could even stop my mouth and I shouted "We'll do it."

What have I gotten us in to?

_____________________________________________________

Thank you anybree for the recommendation of dance video above, it's amazing. a user

Don't forget to vote and comment.

~Frazzle❤️