Chapter 4...

Megan's POV:

Today is Jack's birthday.

So i decided to make his 19th special seen as all the rest haven't been as good considering all he did was worry over his mothers illness.

I slip out of mine and Jack's bed in our dorm, trying not to wake him.

That wouldn't be good!

And make my way to the kitchen,which is amazing by the way, and take his favourite breakfast  foods out the fridge and cupboard: sundae pop tarts and full fat milk.

Gross! I know!

I put my thoughts to one side, knowing that today is all about Jack and how he is 19 today.

Which only makes me think of its my 19th birthday soon...

Again, I push the thoughts away and dance around the kitchen while preparing the food.

Honestly there isn't much preparing to do but for me there is.

I can't cook!

It's true.

I'm so bad at it.

If I was stranded in a jungle somewhere and had to hunt for my food and cook it, I would probably be some animals desert.

I wouldn't last at all.

I pop the pop tarts in the toaster because apparently, according to the box, that's how you do them.

I take my phone and scroll through my social media like I do when I'm bored but my eyes snap up when I smell that...

Burning!?

Dang it!

The pop tarts!

I almost scream at how mad I am with myself for letting the food be burnt when I was just talking about it.

I swear I can't do anything!

I quickly start everything again before Jack wakes up because he wakes up so early like he can got to bed at 3am but still get up at 6:30am.

Crazy... I know!

But as soon as the thoughts of me actually being successful in surprising Jack, his arms come around my waist and his head in my shoulder.

I groan in annoyance.

I didn't actually scream, did I?

"You making me breakfast or burning food?" He mumbles.

"Trying to surprise you, but it didn't work!" I say and turn around in his arms.

"Oh well, maybe next time!?" He says with a smile. I just nod, both knowing that it's never going to happen.

"Happy birthday hypocrite!" I say, using his childhood nickname when we were enemy's.

Haven't said that in a while!

"Thankyou smeghead!" He says doing the same.

Haven't heard that in a while!