Chapter 1

18 year old Jackson Wang

"I can't believe it's our senior year already," Sydney says as she places her hands into her pockets. The two walk side by side through the school's courtyard reminiscing on old memories of their past four years as friends.

"I know right! And in just a few months, I will no longer be 'brace-face' anymore," Jackson said with a bright smile on his lips. "Just in time for prom too! Oh man, I can't wait."

Syd gives lets out a little giggle and tucks a long coil of hair behind her ear.

"So who are you thinking about asking to prom~,"she says teasingly as she nudges Jackson's arm.

'I wanted to ask you,' that's what he wanted to say but his mouth wouldn't let him.

"Oh, I don't know. Maybe I should ask Ashley. You know, since I never asked her to the the fall dance,"he shyly stated as his eyes drifted to the ground. Sydney gave him a questioning look.

"Really? Ashley?"she asked."The popular Cheerleader, Ashley?"

"Well, yeah. I mean it's worth a try, right?"Jackson said as he shrugged.

Sydney looked at him tryingly. He wanted to tell her the truth but he was too scared. She was his crush but she was his best friend first and he didn't want to ruin this strong friendship. They continued to walk to their class while they talked.

"I'll see you after class, J,"Sydney said to Jackson with a smile as the two approached her 4th period classroom.

"Yeah, see you," He said before watching her enter her classroom.

Ring Ring~

________

Ring Ring~

"Ugh it's too early for this crap."

New message
From: Dumbass Mark

Please tell me you're up.

Reply | Ignore

Jackson set his phone back on the nightstand and rolled over under his covers. He closed his eyes and layed his mind to rest only to be disturbed yet again.

Ring Ring~

New message
From:Dumbass Mark

Don't ignore me. I know you read my message. Get your ass out of bed, I need my trusty carpool buddy. Your parents might actually fire us if we're late again this time.

Reply | Ignore

To: Dumbass Mark

Okay, okay. I'm up. You better be ready by the time I get there.

|Send|

Jackson plopped back onto his bed and let out a drawn out sigh.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello beautiful people !!!
Welcome to another book by yours truly. I know the first chapter is quite short (457 words) but I promise the other chapters with be slightly longer (average of 400-700 words). I sincerely hope you all enjoy this journey with me in creating this book. So please stay tuned for future updates.

Love you
-succforbangtan💖