Chapter 6: Sakura's Betrayal

Mulai dari awal

"That's a bad idea." Azura warned us. "The kingdom of Valla isn't always welcoming. Especially when it's rulers aren't around."

"Who are the rulers of this place?"

"Corrin rules one section while Kamui rules the other." Azura told her.

"So you're saying that I could've seen you guys a LONG time ago and ESCAPED a long time ago?"

"Yes and no. Yes to you could've seen us, but no to escaping. Leaving Valla takes a lot more than just jumping through a lake." Azura informed us. "That's why I usually refuse to go or leave here."

"Ah. But it's possible, right?"

"Not in these conditions. Now, let's focus on finding Yoko. That is important after all." Azura reminded us.

"Of course." Vale quickly remembered why we were even here. "Azura recommended that we don't split up.

"Before we go, does anyone know about what happened with Sakura earlier?" I asked.

"What did Sakura do?" Azura asked.

"Oh y'know, the usual. She tried to kill me." I deadpanned.

"Yeah!" Vale backed me up.

"Why would Sakura try to kill you?" Azura inquired.

"How should I know?" I asked her.

"Well, I sort of assumed that you would know because you know Sakura very well, her being your sister and everything." Azura shrugged.

"I guess you have the right to assume so, but I really don't know why. She all of a sudden started to try to slam her staff on my head like a steel club." I recalled.

"Still, we need to find out why. Oh damn. I forgot that I left her without even asking someone to keep an eye on her." Vale cursed.

"I'm sure she wouldn't have left, after all, where would she go? To all the Faceless? She has a better chance of surviving with us than with them." I told her.

"Really though, there's a chance that she could've killed someone while we were gone." Vale sighed.

"Though that's true, if we want to get back faster, let's find Yoko first." Azura reminded us.

"Oh yeah." I sighed. Following Azura's lead, all three of us ran off to find Yoko. Azura first led us to where the kingdom was, filled with people who had run from Valla but then came back when it was safe.

"Lady Azura! It's great to see you!" A widely smiling girl acknowledged us. She looked no more than eleven to thirteen.

"Ah, Evelyn! How are you doing?" Azura smiled.

"Great! What about you, Lady Azura?"

"I'm doing fine, but there's no need to be formal. Azura's fine."

"But it's impolite to call you Azura, Lady Azura!" The girl argued.

"Um... Azura? Could we maybe speed things up?" Vale tried to sound as polite as possible, though asking a rude question.

"Ah. Of course. Evelyn, have you seen any new people pass by?" Azura asked the girl whose name was Evelyn I assumed.

"Oh! Of course! There was a red haired girl with blue eyes and blue glasses running around..." Evelyn pointed her finger toward a small village. "She went there."

"Thank you!" Azura patted Evelyn on her head. Then her head turned to me.

"Ah! Lord Takumi! I'm so sorry for not noticing you!" Evelyn screamed.

"It's quite alright." I smiled. "You may just call me Takumi."

"Lord Takumi, Lady Azura, are you both sure I can call you such informal names?"

"It's alright."

"Thank you, Azura, Takumi!" She grinned. "Would you like me to escort you to the village?"

"No, it's fine." Vale huffed.

"Excuse me, I don't mean to be impolite, but may I ask you your name?" She asked.

"Valentine." She frowned.

"Ah! Valentine is such a nice name! Are you also a friend of Lady Azura and Lord Takumi?" Evelyn asked her.

"Uh..." Vale didn't know what to say. She didn't really know whether WE considered her our friend.

"Yes." Azura smiled. "And it's very kind of you to offer to escort us, but we are able to make it there on our own."

"I didn't mean for it to sound like you weren't capable, but.. Uh.."

"Yes?"

"I just thought I could be of more use if I was with you! And I'm sorry if I'm impolite, but I also am just really happy to see you again!" She smiled, sheepishly.

"That's flattering of you, but we really must do this by ourselves." She told Evelyn.

"Alright... But come to me if you need anything. I know Valla like the back of my hand!" And with that, she ran off.

"What a charming little girl. She'd grow up to be just a fine woman..." Azura sighed.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"Evelyn was born with a disease that will shorten her lifespan by around eight ninths. She knows her time's almost up, so she's trying to be as helpful as can be. We know of the cure, but it needs very rare flower that can't be accessed easily. We've sent people looking for the correct flower, but most have died trying. They're called white lotus. They rarely show up around Hoshido, more or less Nohr or Valla. Pink lotus are very common, but only help a small amount. Her time will be up in a matter of days, so we're trying to find that flower fast." Azura sighed.

"White lotus? Those are EVERYWHERE in our world." Vale pointed out.

"Really? We need at least seven, which is impossible to find in Hoshido." Azura smiled.

"Shouldn't we finish what we came here for?" I asked, impatiently.

"Ah! Yes! I completely forgot! When we get back, please remind me to find some white lotus!" Azura smiled. She seemed a bit more.. Kiddish is what you could say. Walking to a small village took a lot less time than I last remembered.

"Here we are!" Azura announced, villagers staring, then bowing down at our feet.

"You found me." Around the corner of a building, walked Yoko.

Thank you for reading, and feel free to comment!