Chapter 6: Sakura's Betrayal

OH MY GOSH, I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN THIS SITE FOR SOOOOOOOOOOOO LONG! I PROMISE I'LL UPDATE MORE OFTEN! ENJOY!

I waited for the blow to happen. The blow that would end me. But it never came. I looked up to see Vale, protecting me with a katana.

"Sakura? What are you doing?" She asked, looking bored.

"V-Valentine! Ah! I had strict orders to not let you see this!"

"Orders? From who?"

"I-I can't say..." She looked down, miserable.

"Tell me. Or within three seconds of you not telling me, you won't have a head." She threatened.

"Okay, okay! It was-"

"VALENTINE! TAKUMI! SAKURA! YOKO FELL!" Zadie screamed.

"She FELL?" She screeched. I didn't see what was so bad about falling.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"YOKO FELL OFF OF THE BIGGEST CLIFF NEARBY! AND THAT'S A CRAZY 623 FEET!" She started to run outside of the cave so I followed her.

"She couldn't have..." She ran to a large canyon that was only a few minutes away and leapt off. I grabbed her jacket and pulled her back.

"What are you doing?" I asked her.

"Looking to see if it's THAT time of year!" She ripped my grasp off of her jacket and jumped off. I followed her lead. "What are you doing?" She asked me.

"Doing what you did." I smiled. I noticed that someone was falling along with us. Azura had followed us.

"You two should really think about what you're doing before you go out on whim." She sighed.

"What are you doing?"

"I hope you understand where you're going," She smiled. I closed my eyes waiting for death to happen. It never did. I opened my eyes to realize I was in Valla again.

"It's the second time today I thought I was going to die. The world always seems to surprise me in the most interesting ways."

"I never knew the name of this place, and I still don't care. YOKO! WHERE ARE YOU?!?" She screamed at the top of her lungs.

"Keep your voice down. You don't know what could be-"

"I already know what's down here. I saw a lot of it happen after all." She glared at me.

"Wait... You mean-"

"Yeah. I was watching when you fought the gigantic dragon. I was thinking about getting your attention, but I stopped myself. I didn't want to distract you. And of course, I was still angry at you."

"Ah." I felt a little bad about leaving her. "What do you think would have happened if I had stayed?"

"I think that we wouldn't be in this situation. You and your family are so strong! Sorry about saying that you guys were weak... I'm pretty salty, aren't I?" She chuckled. "Should've gotten your attention when I had the chance."

"It's not really your fault. It's mostly mine..." I sighed. "Anyway, do you have even a tiny idea of where Yoko is?" I asked her.

"I really don't know." She shrugged, "She'll hopefully turn up."

"Then why did you leap down here?"

"To test if the portal was open." She told me, like it was obvious.

"Okay..."

"Now! Let's look for Yoko to make this faster." She pointed in three different directions. "We should split up."