Chapter 10: Memory Raid

The picture above is a picture of Vale, from a character creator called CHARAT. Enjoy!

Vale's POV

"Is everybody ready?" Takumi asked. I still had pretty much no idea who he was, but I trusted him more than I trusted Kozan, for sure. They treated me better. And they filled in blanks from my life. It was amazing. The stories I heard... And they all made sense.

"Yeah!" Everyone yelled together. They yelled this just to get memories back for me, too. These were truly the kindest people.

I held my bow up. We knew our priorities this time. Since Kozan would assume we would pick the remote over memories, he was probably on the top floor, while the memories were on the bottom. My focus was to shoot the security cameras. After I hit all of them, I ran along with the rest of the group. I knew what I wanted. I wanted us to survive. I wanted us to survive, to see the future, and forget about the past, cruel enough as I heard it. You make mistakes in the past and well-prepared journeys in the future.

"Guys!" I found them!" I heard Akira yell from behind me. She grabbed a syringe of some sort of odd liquid. "Cover me! I'm going to get out of here with En! And this time, we're not leaving anyone behind."

"Okay!" Everyone agreed. I managed to get out second, Akira first. Once everyone was out, we counted our people. Everyone was safe. I smiled as Akira held up the syringe.

"Do you want to do the honors?" Akira asked me.

"Gladly." I grinned. I poked the needle into a spot in the back of my neck, and injected it. My mind went a bit fuzzy, trying to process all the information I had been getting, but I remembered all of a sudden. Remembering what happened in the raid before the memory raid, my face turned a light pink.

"Oh... my... gosh..." I spaced out my words, remembering how I had left Takumi. "I can't believe I had done that."

Takumi blushed. "Are you thinking about the kiss?"

"Yeah... Oh my gosh, I am so sorry-" He paused me by kissing me. Once it ended, my face was left a deep red color. His was light pink.

"Uh- well..." I stuttered. I had no words besides, "Well... I still like you..."

"Will you go out with me again?" He asked a bit awkwardly. Everyone was staring. Oh my gosh, it was SO embarrassing!

"Well... yes." I finally answered. As soon as I answered, I was jumped on by Zadie and Akira, who were attacking me with happiness. Sanjiro clapped, while Namir just smiled. Both of the Sarahs were high-fiving each other. Everyone else was clapping along with Sanjiro.

"So we were successful." I smiled at Takumi, later when we were having dinner with everyone. They were all wearing smiles on their faces, not only because I was back, but also because it was our first successful mission for a raid on Kozan's lair.

"Yeah, Vale- Sorry, I meant Valentine." He smiled, sheepishly.

"No, it's fine. You guys can refer to me by my nickname again." I grinned. Everyone was enjoying that night. And after everyone went to bed, I could feel something building inside of me. I had a bad feeling that something bad was going to happen. I ran outside the cave to be greeted by an arrow in my leg.

"Augh!" I screeched, falling onto my knees. Though I could barely see it, the moon's faint glows had a faint outline of a crimson color everywhere.

"Hmph. That's what you get for disobeying, and working for these idiots." I heard Kozan growl.

"W-Well, what's it to you? If you knew where we were the whole time, why didn't you just attack us when we were weak?"

"You still are." He smiled. "Especially against my Faceless." As soon as he said that, I felt an aching pain in my back. A punch, landed by one of his Faceless, had hit my back. I felt lightheaded, losing so much blood. Blue and black outlined my vision.

"Sakura! Heal her! Namir! Attack the Faceless with your blade! Takumi! Get Kozan with your bow! Even if you miss, he'll be sure to retreat!" I heard orders being called. I could see Parvaiz there, Tristana behind him. Parvaiz was calling orders, while Tristana was directing them in the correct directions and coordinates the enemies were. Parvaiz and Tristana working together? Never thought I'd see the day. I'd never known they were such good tactitions though.

I started to feel better, wounds slowly closing up, and blood stopped rushing from my back and leg. I stood up, pulling out my bow. I never went anywhere without it. With my aim, I managed to hit him in the arm.

"I wonder if I'll win if I kill your stupid little healer..." Kozan directed a Faceless after Sakura. When the punch was about to land on the small healer, Namir ran in front, and took the hit for her.

"Urgh..." He groaned. Sakura gasped, and quickly healed him. "I'll take as many punches for you as needed." He smiled. Even in the dark, I could see her glowing blush.

"W-Well... I... Thank you." She smiled. He blocked hits, took them, and attacked the Faceless attacking her. Eventually we had killed most of the Faceless, and forced Kozan to retreat.

"Ugh... Damn you..." he groaned, running away.

"We actually beat him? And without a full team?" I asked them.

"Yeah. But I think it's because we were on our turf, and not his. He didn't know that our cave is EXTREMELY echo-y and he made it so easy for us to hear him. Actually we're glad you found him, otherwise, he would've slaughtered us in our sleep, probably." Takumi shrugged.

I decided to tease Namir a little, 'cause I was cruel. "So... What was all that about you taking hits for Sakura." I smiled, a bit ominously.

"Sh-Shut up!" He stuttered. "Is it not okay for me to want someone to not get hurt?" He hugged himself, defensively.

"Hm? What did you say? I couldn't hear you over all the stuttering. Embarrassed?" I smiled, evilly.

"Y-Yes, fine, okay?" He asked. "Now, just stop."

"Okay... If you don't want anyone to know about your feelings." I teased.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled. Sakura's face was blushing, harshly, along with Namir's.

"You've got to admit it. It would be cute." Takumi grinned. "After all, as I've noticed, you two have been awfully friendly..."

"Shut. Up. You. Have. No. Idea. What. You're. Talking. About." Namir grumbled. He then walked away. I started to think about the kids of the royals. If Forrest existed, why had I been dating Leo? Why had this just come to my mind, I had no idea. I decided to ask Leo the next morning, though he ended up saying he divorced. I sighed. This was getting to be a lot for me to handle. There were so many people, and so many problems. Takumi later confronted me.

"Hey, Vale." He greeted me. I smiled and waved back.

"Hey, Takumi." I smiled. He quickly explained about Kozan's origins, his family and all of that. It was odd.

"Why are you telling me this?" I asked.

"Because I need to say something. Did Kozan look familiar the first time you met him?" He asked me. I nodded.

"Somewhat." I shrugged.

"Sorry if this is a sore topic, but do you remember your brother?" He asked me. A pit in my stomach grew. I could see where the conversation was going.

"Yes..." I answered.

"I'm not saying that it's true, but... do you think you're Kozan's daughter?"

Thanks for reading, and feel free to comment!