Chapter 27

I arrived at the garden again and my eyes caught sight of Marty rubbing towards me, I braced myself before he jumped into my open arms.

"Mama Ally! I missed you!" He snuggled into my chest and breathed in my scent, much like I was doing to him.

"I missed you too little wolf. Been causing a lot of mischief I heard" I chuckled at the grimace that crossed his face.

"It wasn't me, I swear. It was Tom and Eric's fault"

I laughed out loud as the boys in question gasped in mock outrage.

"Okay, I will punish them later. But now, we have someone to meet"

Marty nodded and wiggled to be let down. As soon as he was on his feet, he went flying to Damien, who was just coming around the corner. Damien managed to catch him and they started giggling together. My heart warmed at the sight and I had to stop myself before I reached for my stomach.

"Hi love" Damien grinned at me as he planted a kiss on my forehead.

"Hey, you smell better" I tucked myself into his side and his arm came around my shoulders, Marty still in his other arm.

"Come on in dears" A soft voice called from the garden.

"Come on" I grabbed Damien's hand and together we walked through the archway and into the very peaceful garden.

Nothing had changed since I was here last, I nodded back at Eric and Tom who had taken up position in either side of the entrance.
The bench seat was still there, with the table in between Alice and her guests. The table was again filled with sugary treats and a pot of tea. I saw Marty almost drooling at the sight.
I looked at Alice and was shocked to see that she had aged considerably in the short time since I saw her last.

With great effort, she stood- her back bent even more- and gestured for Damien to come to her, without any hesitation he did. She placed her wrinkled hand on his cheek and smiled.

"My, you are more handsome then the last time I saw you" her eyes flickered to me and she sent me a wink "The Moon goddess is so very proud of how you are doing now my dear. She was worried about you for a while, and again, she is deeply sorry for how she sent you a message"

Damien looked shocked and frankly, a bit teary, he simply nodded and Alice moved her hand to rest on Marty's cheek. I felt my back stiffen and she sent me a reassuring smile.

"You are very handsome as well sweetness, the moon goddess is truly sorry about what has happened to you so far"

Marty's eyes turned sad at the mention of his family but he didn't let it get him down for too long, his bright smile came back at the mention of him being handsome. He held no fear towards this strange female he had never met. I was so proud of him.

"Come sit dears, there's some treats here my boy. Help yourself"

Marty didn't need telling twice before he almost vaulted out of Damien's arms and towards the sweets. We all chuckled as we took our seats.

Alice poured us a cup of tea before sitting back in her chair, cradling her own cup. She took a long sip before she started talking.

"Now, what can I help you with? I know it's something to do with Marty"

I set my cup down and took a deep breath, Damien's large hand covered mine and gave it a squeeze.

"Well, you already know that he is Rosie's mate" Alice smiled and nodded "He almost shifted when they first locked eyes, it took an Alpha command for him to get control again. Then, the other day, he told me that his wolf was getting restless to see Rosie again. When I asked him about it, he said he talks to his wolf and it gives him advice"