Chapter Eight

Six months later

Walking around the new pack lands and seeing how well everything has come together is amazing. The past few months have been hectic, the pack house was finished first so everyone had a bed to sleep in while they got to work on their own houses. Everyone in the pack pitched in and helped build the houses and the other buildings, the houses were all beautiful and unique, fitting each member perfectly.

Thrain still hasn't gotten back home from our old pack lands and I am beginning to get worried, tomorrow is the introduction party and he needs to be here.

I walk past the orphanage that I had built, the children playing out front while Tessa watches over them. I had to have a place for the orphaned kids to stay, the pack members would have gladly taken them in but I didn't want to burden any of them with that task so they have their own home.

"Morning Alpha"

"Morning Tessa, how are they today?"

"Oh, you know, troublemakers in training" She looked lovingly at the kids, she volunteered to do this job, she hasn't found her mate yet and she is feeling extremely motherly so it fits her perfectly.

I chuckled, she was right, all the kids were just waiting for her to turn her back so they could get into trouble.

"Kids, say hello to Alpha Alyssa"

"Hello Alpha Alyssa" They all chorused while wearing tiny smiles.

"Morning guys, make sure you behave for Tessa, or I'll have to come have a talk with you okay?"

"Yes Alpha" They all giggled. They knew what that meant, it meant they wouldn't get any dessert for a week. I didn't like punishing my pack, especially the children, for something as simple as being children. They have lived hard lives in their short time and they deserve to just be kids.

A lot of Alphas would disagree with my methods, some punish their pack for not listening to orders or they make such ridiculous demands that the pack wouldn't be able to follow their orders. The Alphas I hate the most would be the ones who have their pack terrified to do any wrong for fear of being tortured or exiled. I hate when Alphas run their pack through fear, you are responsible for all their lives, they should trust you and you should trust them.

I left the children and walked back to the pack house, I saw the looming building in front of me and smiled. Like I said, it is the grandest place on our entire lands, it's four stories extending into the trees around it. The top level housed Thrain, Josh and Lauren, Marty and I. There are enough bedrooms to house more than half the pack, the kitchen, dining and living are all on the ground floor, as well as our offices. The basement houses the training gym and a small door to the prison cells.

I head into my office to go over the preparations for tomorrow, most of the pack is setting up outback. I need to make sure we have enough food and drink available for everyone, there will be around 300 people here tomorrow, most of that is my pack. All Alphas and Betas within a 100 miles radius will be coming, I know we will have trouble on our hands when they find out that I am a female Alpha, so I have to be prepared.

My eyes scanned the guest list for tomorrow, mentally putting a face to the name. My eyes stopped on one name:

Damien Shaw - Alpha of Silver Thunder Pack

Silver Thunder are our neighbours and I have never met the Alpha, everytime I try to set up a meeting I am denied. I don't even know what the Alpha or Beta look like, though I have been told that Damien is wild, he doesn't like outsiders coming into his territory, don't really blame him to be honest, most people are morons. I don't listen to rumours though, I know he is a good Alpha, he takes good care of his pack and he has good warriors. I should know, considering I have watched his border warriors everyday for the past few years.