Chapter 10

POV: Marinette

    Two days have passed and my arm cast was off. I took a piece of the fabric though, the part that Chat signed, and I pinned it against my wall. My prom dress was completed and Alya was on her way to bring me Tikki. Today is the day that I return as Ladybug.

   I heard a tap on my trapdoor and open it to see Alya.
"Hey girl!" Alya chuckled.
"Hey Alya!" We hugged and she handed me the earrings.
"Thanks, and here's yours back." I said, handing her the Fox Miraculous.
"Yes!" She grinned.

   I put on the earrings, and Alya put on the necklace. Tikki and Trixx appeared in front of us.
"Hi Tikki!" I smile.
"Hello Marinette!" Tikki smiled back.
"Heya Trixx!" Alya said to her kwami
"Hello Alya!" Trixx replied.

    After catching up on everything, we decided to go on a patrol. We transformed and went out to scout the area.
"It feels so good to be Ladybug again!" I grinned as we stopped on a rooftop.
"Yeah, and it feels so good to be by Ladybugs side again!" Reina(Alya) chuckled. After surveilling the area, there was no trace of an akuma or any other crime.

"Ah crap! I need to go babysit!" Alya sighed, "Here, I'll give you the Miraculous back" she paused and I shook my head.
"Naw, just don't loose it." I said, making her smile.
"Definitely won't loose it! Thank you!! I'll see you at school tomorrow!" She said excitedly, jumping off the building and heading back to her house.

   I chuckled and turned around. I was about to head off but I heard something behind me.
"So, I guess that means you're back?"
    I turned around and saw Chat.
"Yes, I'm back." I smiled.
     He didn't really show an emotion, which felt a bit off.
"Are you all right?" I asked 

    "no. I'm not."  He sighed, "you didn't even tell me that you were leaving. Nor did you tell me that Reina was going to take your place while you were gone." He looked away from me, anger and hurt on his face.
"Chat..I'm sorry...I should of told you, it's just.."
"It's just what? Apparently, Reina is more trusting than me, right? I mean, you told Reina before you even told me..." he shook his head.

"That's not it..Chat, you just don't know-"
"I don't know what, huh? I don't know you? I don't know what's going on? Hell, I don't even know why I'm still a hero!"
      There was silence between us. He feels hurt. He feels betrayed. But he's not supposed to know the truth. He's not supposed to know that I'm Ladybug..and Alya only found out because she saved me from Hawkmoth. And I wish I could tell him...I wish I could just come out and say what happened. But he'll put two and two together. He'd find out..

"Chat...I'm sorry... I know you feel hurt, I'd probably feel the same.. but you don't know what happened.." I say softly.
"Then tell me what happened!... we're a team, aren't we?"

His leather ears went back and he looked down, tears swelling in his eyes. I felt my heart shatter in two.
"W-whatever...I'm going to leave before I get akumatized.." he sighed and jumped away. I watched him leave, my fists curled and my eyes watering up.

'I'm going to see master fu..'