Chapter 8

POV: Marinette

I left school the next day feeling all sorts of emotions. I am excited, but also pretty nervous. This is my first date! My first actual date!
'How ironic that it's with the person I constantly turned down..' I shrug and walked back home. I had about 4 hours until Chat came to get me. I walked in through the bakery and saw my parents.
"How are you doing sweetie?" Dad asked.
"I'm doing good." I smile, walking past them to get to the stairs.
"Oh, Marinette. just so you know, we're going out at 6pm and won't be back until 10pm. Do you think you'll be alright on your own?" Mom asked
"Yeah, that's fine."I responded.

'What a coincidence' I chuckle and go up to my room. I scanned through my closet to look for something to wear.
"Ugh, I've never had to pick out clothes for a date before!" I groan.

'Hmm..Alya's been on a few dates with Nino before..'
I get my phone and dial Alya's number.

Alya: "Hello?"
Marinette: "Hey Alya, I have a question.."
Alya: "Sure, go ahead"
Marinette: "okay, I'm just asking this out of random, okay? This has nothing to do with me.." I say hesitantly.
Alya: "okkaayyyyyy....?"
Marinette: "Okay...So...if you were me, what would you wear on a date?"
Alya:".............................................................................. DO YOU HAVE A DATE?!?!?!?!?!?!"
Marinette: "W-What?!?! No!!!!"
Alya: "yup, surrreee. I'll be over in five!"

   She hung up and I sat on my bed and sighed.
"Aannddd now I'm screwed.."

    Alya got here soon after and she came up to my room.
"So, who's your date with?" She asked, looking through my closet.
"Uh..a guy I know.." I responded.
Tikki came out of Alya's purse.
"Marinette!" Tikki cheered, flying over to me, "how's your arm and leg?" She asked, looking me over.
"All I have now is the arm cast. I'm getting it off tomorrow though. I bet I can be Ladybug again in two days!" I grinned.

"Yes, and I can go back to being your big fan girl and trying to interview you!" Alya chuckled, taking out a pale pink dress with black flowers. "That reminds me, can I have an interview soon?!" She asked excitedly.
"Sure thing." I laughed.

     I put on the dress and she did my hair in a top bun. We then worked on some light make-up. Once my parents left, I realized that I only had a half hour left.
"Ugh.. I'm so nervous..." I mumbled to myself.
"Heh, I wonder why." Alya wiggled her eye brows and handed me a pair of black short heels.

"Oh, pleassseee tell meeee!!! I promise that I won't say anything to anyone!!!" Alya put her hands together and begged.
    'Mhhhhhh....' I bite my lip.
" you can't tell anyone though.." I said quietly.
    She nodded excitedly. I took a deep breath and extended my arm to her; the one with the cast. I pointed down at the little black and green drawing.

    It was silent. I didn't know if she understood what I meant, but then she pulled away, looking up at me with a huge grin spread across her face.
"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!" She chuckled and stuck out her tongue, "the 'purrincess' falls in love with the feline, that it? Haven't heard of that story before." She nudged me and I chuckle.
"Oh 'ha ha'. Happy now?" I roll my eyes.
"Nope, this is a one in a life time opportunity. When'll be the next time that you're asked out by a super hero?" She winked.

    She went on about this situation, playfully joking and messing with me. After a while, I heard a light tapping at my trapdoor and froze.
"Ah! You need to go now, thanks for helping me!" I quietly shove the giggling Alya out of my room and she walked down the stairs. I sighed and climbed up the ladder to my trap door.

"Hello purrincess, how are you?" Chat asked, peeking his head in through the trap door. I move him back a little with one of my hands, and finish climbing up to my porch.
"I'm good, kitty. How about you?" I asked.
    He handed me a single red rose.
"Better after seeing your gorgeous face." He smirked.
    I took the rose from him and giggled.
"Silly kitty."

"If you hurt her, I kill you!" I heard, being laughfully said from the streets. I look over and see Alya.
"Haha, I'll keep that in mind!" Chat called down to her.
Alya laughed again and pointed at me, "you better call me when u get home!" And with that, she walked away.

   Chat and I looked at each other and laughed.
"So, shall we?" He smiled.
I nod and he picked me up.
"Hold on tight." He said, before using his baton to bring us into the air.