S.T.H. Chapter Six

Surrender To Him

Give me the shirt, now.

I held out my paw, forgetting that I was still a wolf.

I'm only joking with you. Of course, I have spare clothes for you to change into.

He shook his head and laughed charmingly in my mind.

Wow. For once you take my side on something. Could this be the end of the world?

I said back in the most sarcastic voice that I could muster.

It might feel that way when you shift back.

I stared at Cedric curiously and cocked my head to the side. Cedric seemed to get that I had no idea what he was talking about, so he sat on his haunches and straightened his back.

You have no idea how to shift back, do you?

Nope. I said popping the "p."

Well, at least you're honest. Cedric sighed dramatically and told me to sit on my haunches as well and straighten my back.

Do I have to do this every time? I wagged my tail and waited for Cedric to stop scratching his shoulder and answer my question.

No, but it just helps you focus more on your wolf than your thoughts and surroundings.

I was about to ask him another question, but he cut me off. Okay, take a deep breath. I want you to focus on nothing but your wolf. If it helps, try talking to her. Tell her that you're willing to cooperate if she behaves. You have to kind of interact with her a little, gain her trust and she'll let you go. It won't be easy, especially with your wolf. She seems to be the exact opposite of you, but in a way, you two share something.

Really? I feel insulted. What is this amazing quality we share?

Find out for yourself. Keep your eyes closed, it helps you focus more and I don't want you seeing all of this. He stuck his muzzle proudly in the air and grinned down at me. Many lose control of themselves when they see the man of steel.

I mentally rolled my eyes and scoffed in my head.

He is such a pompous idiot.

Shrugging my shoulders I called out in my mind to my wolf. I felt that tugging at my heart again and waited for her to speak.

What.

I want to get to know you better.

Since when? I thought you wanted to be a normal teenager?

Puberty hits, that's when normality goes out the window along with your sanity.

Mmmmm you poor thing. Am I supposed to pity you?

No, you're supposed to tell me something about you. Anything.

I tapped my paw on the forest floor and waited for a response.

I like being outside when it's winter or raining.

I've always liked the way the air smells after rain too.

Something as simple as talking about the weather made me feel that connection in my chest. Before I knew it, I sat on my haunches temporarily stunned and in all my glory.

My naked glory that is.

"Oops, I opened my eyes too soon," Cedric said eagerly and didn't even bother to look away or cover his eyes.

"You pervert! There's a thing called privacy!" I grabbed the clothes that were in folded in front of me, in a pathetic attempt to shield my body with the clothes, and ordered that Cedric turn around and not look.

"I won't look I swear." He even placed his hands over his eyes and was actually dressed now that I noticed he had clothes. He wore light wash jeans and a white t-shirt. That bluestone wasn't around his neck, but he didn't seem or look incomplete without it.

I quickly stumbled out, "I swear if you turn around..." My voice trailed off, but I tried holding back my laughter. Ironic how I'm naked and threatening him while he's dressed and has the upper hand. I swiftly slipped on the shirt and pants, trying to ignore how awkward it is not to have undergarments on.

"Can I look?"

"Yes, all clear."

Cedric rubbed his eyes and turned around to stare at me. A warm smile touched his lips, but as fast as it came, it was gone.

"Let's get you home."

"Wait, I want to thank you." I ruffled my hands through my hair and waited at the corner of the meadow.

This place was surprisingly beautiful. Strange I had not noticed this scenery before, but then again I am dealing with this lug, so it's difficult to focus on anything other than his constant antics.

"Oh? Well, there are plenty of ways to thank a very generous person." He had a suggestive tone to his voice that made my goosebumps do jumping jacks across my body.