Chapter Ninety-Five

Jrasic had left the bedroom door ajar as he fiddled with the crutches the Hunters had presented him

Jrasic had left the bedroom door ajar as he fiddled with the crutches the Hunters had presented him. It'd taken Jason some convincing, since Jrasic had only just begun wheeling himself in the wheelchair no more than a week ago. The moon had come and gone, but Brady's elixirs to prevent him from shifting had done wonders on his wounds. It still took some effort, but Jrasic stood from the bed with the use of both crutches, a taught brace keeping his ruined leg in a stiff position, helping to alleviate at least some of the pain as he moved to finish adjusting and refining the fine attire he wore.

Terra's voice drifted through the doorway as she talked and laughed with some of the other wolves, before she gave them a farewell. She walked into the room only half paying attention, but when she caught sight of Jrasic, she smiled. "What's this?" she asked, looking at his clothing and then the crutches.

He shifted around to face her, leaning heavily on one crutch as he tried to fasten the last of his shirt's buttons. "A surprise?" Jrasic said with a sheepish smile.

Terra walked over to him and fixed the button for him. "Well, you already outshine me," she muttered playfully.

"I could never," he said and leaned in to kiss her. When he drew away, he asked, "Are you hungry?"

"After what I dealt with today?" Terra sighed. "I am definitely hungry."

Jrasic shifted the crutches properly under his arms, spreading his weight evenly. "Tell me about it," he offered and maneuvered to the door, pushing it aside more for her.

Terra smiled as she followed and never took her gaze from him. "Well, Jo is still recovering, too. But she wants to keep an eye on Peter all the time. I think he and Wren being friends helps, though."

"I don't think he'd do any harm at this point," Jrasic said. He tried to keep close to Terra's side, but always left enough distance to not accidently hit her with a crutch as they moved toward the kitchen. "It's good for the both of them to have someone. Wren says the Hunter kids are nice to them, too, in school at least."

"I think Wren is just good at making friends," Terra said with a laugh. She put a hand gently on his arm. "It's good to have them in school. Especially the Hunter one."

Jrasic nodded in agreement. "They don't need to hide who they are," he said. They reached the kitchen, empty of any other pack members, but Jrasic didn't stop there. He glanced to Terra with a sneaking smile and continued on for the back door.

Terra raised her eyebrows and followed. "Jrasic," she murmured. He jostled the crutches awkwardly but managed to open the door himself. He stood side to keep it open for her and tipped his head at her to go out.

The back deck had been made up nicely. A table just big enough for two had a cloth spread across it and waiting plates. Covered dishes were also already laid out. "I know it isn't much..." Jrasic said softly.

With a wide smile, she leaned up to kiss him. "It's wonderful."

He returned the kiss and moved from her only to pull out a chair for her. "Oh," he said suddenly and tugged a lighter from his pocket. He leaned forward carefully and lit the three candles that stood on the table. Returning the lighter to his pocket, he balanced himself with the chair's back and offered a grin to Terra.

"Well, you thought of everything." Terra sat and then tipped her head back to him. "It's almost better than having a butler."

"Almost?" Jrasic said with a laugh. He lowered to his chair, set at her side rather than across the table from her. "I guess I'm not trying hard enough."

"We have a lot of time for that," she said, putting a hand to his cheek. "So," she continued and lifted the cover. "What did you make?"

A simple and clearly homemade chicken parm met her, just enough for the two of them. Jrasic shrugged as he lifted the second cover away to show off vegetables and another with curly noodles. "Lynea helped," he admitted.

"It still came from you." Terra paused and just watched him for a long moment, a smile ever pulling at her lips.

Jrasic made to serve her first but paused when he caught her gaze. Her smile made one of his own widden. "What?"

Terra lifted her shoulders in a bit of a shrug. "Nothing," she said. "I just missed you, is all."

His smile softened and he continued separating the food to their dishes. "I know you're busy. I wish I could help you more." He paused to fill their glasses next with sparkling cider. "That's why I like doing things like this. At least."

When he'd finished, Terra reached out to take his hand. "I love this," she said. "We'll never be apart again. Not for real. I always have time for you, Jrasic."

"It'll all fall into place," Jrasic said. He gently traced small circles on the back of her hand, content to watch her. "But we have each other now." His smile widened a bit again. "And another to come. That's all that matters."

Terra looked at the meal he made, the candles, and then back at Jrasic. She gave a small laugh and just shook her head. "I love you, Jrasic. So much."

He squeezed her hand lightly, unable to keep his smile from his face. "I love you too," he told her. He leaned into her and lightly placed a kiss to her cheek. "More than I can ever say."