Chapter 70

I could feel the tension at the table as I looked at the stunned look on Nadia, Celine, and Mrs

I could feel the tension at the table as I looked at the stunned look on Nadia, Celine, and Mrs. Washington's face. I didn't know what the fuck was going on, Nadia never had the chance to tell me and I kinda wish she did.

This is not how I saw this night going at all.

Releasing a shaky breath, I decided to take the initiative to get rid of the tension. I'm not one to be nervous when it come to talking to people, but as I began to stand up from the table to face Nadia's father—I felt my heart beat a little faster.

Looking back down at Nadia, I saw her eyes go wide at what I was about to do—almost like they were telling me to 'sit my ass down'.

Ignoring the look she gave me, I turned my attention back to Mr. Washington. I could tell this man does not play. I was taller then him by a few inches, but that didn't stop the slight intimidation I felt.

Brushing the feeling off and sticking my hand out towards him to shake, I smiled, "we haven't met yet, but I'm Hunter Reece"

"I know who you are, everyone knows who you are around here" he laughed lightly shaking my hand with a firm grip "Darius Washington"

"Pleasure to meet you" I said with a grin releasing his hand.

"Pleasure's mine" he said forcing a smile out "so you're dating my daughter am I correct?" He asked raising a brow. I pretty sure he knew the answer to his own question, but I answered back politely anyway.

"I sure am" I nodded "She's an amazing girl, you raised her well" I said shooting a smile a Nadia who looked kind of horrified at our exchange

"You know the thing about that is-" he started out before being interrupted by his wife.

"Darius I think that's enough" she said tight lipped "you are here to celebrate our daughter's 24th birthday"

"My apologies" he says to me "it's nice meeting you Hunter"

"Oh, you too" I said back

I was a little surprised how nice he actually was from what Nadia made it seem, he wasn't too bad.

Sitting back down I looked at Nadia who had shock written all over her face. Shaking her head she turned to her father

"What are you doing here?" She asked

"I came to wish you a happy birthday and to apologize" he said nervously "may I join, if that's okay with you?"