Christmas <3

Tony hates the holidays. Maybe its because he never got gifts from his dad? Or maybe because he never had anyone to spend them with. If there was one thing he enjoyed about the holidays, it was gift giving. He loved sending gifts to the orphanages, to the low-income family's, and sending out money to soup kitchens and homeless shelters. Not that anyone would ever know, as he never signed the gifts. He expected this year to be no different. Boy was he wrong.

"Mr. Stark," the disapproving tone of the kid's voice made him turn from the coffee pot. He saw Peter, bundled in a coat and what looked like his whole closet. Tony raised a brow.

"Mr. Parker," Peter simply huffed at that.

"Where's your Christmas tree?" Peter asked incredulously. Tony set his coffee aside after taking a sip. He could tell that this'll be a long conversation.

"Don't have one," he supplied simply. Peter rolled his eyes before hopping up on the counter then swinging his legs.

"No kidding. This place is seriously lacking the Christmas spirit," Peter grinned and gestured to help his point. Tony smiled and ruffled Peter's hair, making said boy whine and try to fix it.

"There's no need for it here," Tony explained and picked up his cup and taking a drink, missing the offended look on Peter's face.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

He doesn't know how he got here. But here they were, standing in a tree farm because "Mr. Stark I've never had a real tree before." The kid has an iron grip on his heart, he swears. So that is the situation they are in.

"Woah! Look at that tree! That one looks bigger than the last one, right?" Peter continued to ramble. Tony couldn't help but smile as he wrapped an arm around the kid's shoulder's to make sure he doesn't get lost.

"Imagine that one in lights!" Tony had to admit, it would look pretty nice. Peter was marveling at all of the trees, pointing out how different they were from each other. Though, Tony couldn't see the difference at all. They all looked exactly the same, exactly as messy as the last. He gently squeezed the kid's shoulders, causing him to look up. As soon as he saw the smile on his mentors face, Peter's own face lit up a thousand times brighter. Tony's heart melted on the spot.

"Why don't you go pick out a tree while I pay?" Tony suggested. Peter looked at him inquiringly, smile lost from his face.

"Mr. Stark, we have to pick it out together, to make it special!" and Peter was right.

MY CAT IS EATING SO LOUD I CAN HEAR IT OVER MY BLARING MUSIC 😂

*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Tony watched as Peter sat at the base of the tree, bags surrounding him, with a huge smile. With that, Tony decided that this was the best decision yet. He helped Peter put up lights, ornaments, and then tinsel (which may or may not have gotten all over the room). Peter was busy picking tinsel out of his hair when Tony began to make hot chocolate. A little later, Peter joined him in the kitchen. He didn't say anything, just watched how easily Tony moved in the kitchen. When Tony turned, he wasn't expecting a teen watching him intensely at the island.

"Jesus, kid. Not everybody has your spider thing," Tony said after he calmed slightly. Peter smiled.

"Spidey-sense,"

"Yeah yeah. Point is, I don't have it, so you can't go sneaking up on me like that, gonna give me a heart attack," he mumbled. He turned back and poured the milk into two cups. Then, he poured in the premade mix and stirred. He placed a cup in front of Peter and kept one for himself.

"Wow! Thanks Mr. Stark!"

"Of course kiddo,"

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

Tony was confused. It was Christmas day, so why was Peter here instead of with May. Tony would have been perfectly content with sitting on the couch, stare at the tree, and drink a bottle of whiskey. But Peter comes at times like these.

"Hey Mr. Stark! Merry Christmas! I brought you a gift! I hope you like it, I had a really hard time picking it out and-"

"Kid, if you brought it for me, I'm going to absolutely love it," Peter beamed at that and hugged Tony tightly, his backpack making it a little awkward.

Long ago, Tony had decided that Peter's hugs were the best hugs. It was one day after the Avengers split up and Tony was dealing with government officials, trying to protect them. When the agents finally left, Tony sat down on the couch with a sigh. He felt someone attach themselves to his side. Almost instantly, the stress was washing away. He looked down and saw a mass of curls pressed into his side.

"What's up with this? Huh?" Tony asked, shaking the bag slightly. Peter pulled away and quickly got nervous.

"Well May is working both of her jobs today and she didn't want me to be alone so she told me to come here, I thought she called you," Peter looked dejected, like he expected Tony to kick him out. Tony smiled, then pulled the kid to his side and gave him a squeeze around the shoulders.

"Okay. Let's get some food, I'm starving!" Tony led a now grinning Peter to the kitchen, where he made grilled cheese and fed the kid. Next, they exchanged gifts. Tony made Peter open his first.

Tony had given him an extremely soft blanket that never loses its softness, a pair of pajamas with ironman on them, the newest Stark Phone that wasn't even out yet, and one of those popcorn things. Obviously, those weren't the only gifts the kid was getting, Tony just didn't want to make the kid feel like he spent too much, because knowing Peter, it would be a fight. All the other gifts were already on their way to his apartment anyway. Tony waited as Peter changed into his new pajamas. When Peter came back, he wrapped himself up in the new blanket and watched Tony expectantly. Tony grinned and opened one of the gifts. Yeah, Peter got him more than one.

The first one Tony opened was a mug. He was a little confused, but then he saw the writing. "World's best dad" and his heart melted. He looked at Peter, who had a shy smile on his face. Tony gestured him to come over to his spot on the floor. Peter did. Once he got over, Tony pulled him into a big hug.

"Thank you, I love it," Peter was basically vibrating with happiness at this point. They pulled apart and Peter leaned into Tony's side. Tony opened the next gift. It was a picture. It was of him and Peter. It was the day they went to the café and Tony had smeared whipped cream on Peter's nose. Peter was grinning wildly and Tony was watching him with a soft smile. It was taken from outside of the window.

"MJ took the picture," Peter said softly. Tony smiled as he ran his fingers over the framed edges.

"Its amazing, thank you Peter,"

*-*-*-*-*-*

They put on a movie and Peter was basically on Tony's lap. Tony rolled his eyes and brought the kid onto his lap. Peter didn't hesitate to snuggle in. He was out like a light. Tony smiled down at him and brushed some curls out of the kid's face.

"Merry Christmas Peter, I love you," Tony murmured.

"L've you too dad," the tired voice answered back. Tony grinned and kissed the kid's forehead. He wouldn't mind if this became his new Christmas tradition. He wouldn't mind at all...

Whoops, sorry for being so late but I'm extremely busy so have this :)