Day 47

When I woke up as usual my [Intuition] sprung into action.

It's telling me that I should stay in the cave and hide myself quietly, and that if I move I'll regret it.

I activated [Hiding], that was boosted from [Job-Assassin], and [Conceal Presence] at the same time as I headed toward the back of the cave where Blacksmith, the Sisters, Alchemist, and Redhead made themselves at home.

I relaxed, lately it has become my hobby to fill in the unexplored area in my mental map, yesterday I created a replicate of myself of my flesh and blood that was as tall as my waist — the overall ability is halved, because it behaves in a certain way, it also has some free will — and sent it out.

This replica had the ability [Infused Liquid Restoration] that I got from the Grey Slime, which makes it so that if it receives damage to its limbs or gets pierced by something it can restore itself to a certain degree restore by absorbing the necessary amount of water, which is why I tried making it.

Its current combat ability is rather low compared to me, but it is still reasonably strong, so it won't get killed easily. It can also run fast.

Using [Metamorphosis], the replica changed its appearance to that of a large wolf and sprinted outside. After seeing it off I went back inside.

I assigned some Goblins of my generation from the logistical support group «Pleasure» to assist Blacksmith, because it would be inconvenient all by herself, having considered making new cookery for the Sisters' place. Then I analyzed the old medicine that for some reason hadn't degraded at all which we secured from Velvet's inheritance at Alchemist's place.

After doing all these things, time passed.

And then it happened.

The place where Gobukichi and the others were practicing is linked to the cave's entrance, it's called the Great Hall. It was the largest space within the mine. Gobukichi, Gobumi, Redhead, and the others practicing hard here, wielding wooden swords.

At that time my 【Sense Presence】 detected some enemy contacts approaching the entrance.

The species name on display was "Elf". Furthermore, the name of the Elf male I drove out the other day was mixed in among them. Even I didn't expect that they would turn up this soon.

Quickly I called the Goblins inside and made preparations. Luckily, since they were already in the middle of training, they already had their equipment on, so they finished preparing shortly.

After a simple inspection of the equipment, we hid ourselves in the trenches we made beforehand near the Great Hall. We simply waited in place where it's easy to spring a surprise attack against the invading Elves. I had Gobue continue mining for the time being, the sound of her mining that can be heard throughout the cave will be used for cover.

A short time later, the armed group of Elves entered the cave.

Hobgoblins like Gobukichi notwithstanding, for the Goblins to win against the twenty five quiet and swift yet bloodlust Elves armed with specialized weapons, even when facing them three to one, would be hard enemies to deal with.

The mood was already full of hostile intent, but still, I needed to capture them and hear their story first.

Alone, I flew out from behind cover while using my [Intimidating Roar] and [Scaled Horse's Neigh] together loudly and made them flinch, furthermore I immediately activated [Intimidating Glare] and [Snake's Evil Eye] which gave me the chance to capture them with my threads.

After lining up the captured Elves, I beat up the Elf who was the next clan chief's (and other titles that didn't concern me) face with my red spear while I had a quick talk with them.