Day 33

When I woke up, I tried to move but my body felt heavy and I felt trapped. I was lying with my arms spread wide, and for some reason I couldn't feel them. I decided to figure out what was happening, so I looked to the left and right. When I looked to my right, Gobumi lay on one arm and when looking to my left, I found Redhead sleeping on the other.

Yeah this is the so called 'arm-pillow'. That dull sensation came from two heads disturbing the blood flow in each of my arms.

How did it turn out this way?

Truthfully I wanted to move my arms that quickly became numb, but I couldn't bring myself to wake those two, who were sleeping soundly and happily. What I'd like to ask is, when did Gobumi enter my bed? When Redhead snuck into my bed I was half asleep, yet I remember her slipping into the bed so I can understand her being there.

Could it be that she possessed such a powerful [Hiding] ability that my 【Sense Presence】ability could not sense her? No, there's no way.

Most likely, if the one being detected has no bloodlust or hostility towards the wielder of 【Sense Presence】, then the signal is weak, and because I was sleeping I missed that weak signal.

I was thinking, "For the time being I'd like to do something about this situation..." when Hobusei happened to pass by. Hobusei was the name of the Hobgoblin Mage, okay? The Mage's name. You probably understand, but I thought it important so it's worth repeating. I pleaded for her help with my eyes. She held back a chuckle, picked up my favorite book from my toolbox, [Introduction to Magic — Basic Sorcery vol 2 of 3], and then went away gracefully.

Crap. She'd better return that.

After that, Gobukichi came over for morning practice carrying the [Crescent Axe]. I pleaded with my eyes just like with Hobusei. He was troubled for a little while, but ended up pressing his hands together in prayer and left. I bitterly watched his cheerful smile as he did so.

O~I, we're friends aren't we? Please help, will you?

After Gobukichi, a yawning Gobue followed. Recently she'd gotten into gathering beautiful gem-like "Spirit Stones". She seemed to have formed a spirit stone mining group together with other Goblin girls. Considering her habits, it's probably the leisure time before morning practice right now.

I imploringly pleaded with my eyes. Because she smiled wryly as if to say "It can't be helped" I thought "Is she going to go away too?", but just then she saw something and broke into cold sweat. While I was thinking "Huh?" she hastily went away.

Help me...my arms are gradually...

My plea for help didn't reach anyone, and I was left like that.

There were some guys who sporadically came over to observe my predicament, but none of them offered me any help.

Then approximately one hour after I woke up, the two finally opened their eyes. As one would expect it was starting to turn dangerous for my arms, so the reason they woke up was probably because I was trying to save my arms by doing some stealthy and very slight movements.

Frankly speaking, having your arms used as pillows the entire time you're sleeping is severe, especially when it's both of your arms. For some time, I couldn't even feel them.

Once I ate the breakfast the sisters prepared for me, I began the morning training.

Everyone worked to a degree that was scary.

Eh? When I looked slightly doubtful, Gobukichi told me that since the higher posts suddenly got thinner with the death of the former leader, the Goblins understood that the only way to grab it, is to, like me, become strong, and the only way to become strong is to earnestly overcome your own limits. Putting together what the training Goblins said, that's what we ended up with.