Day 30

It rained heavily today. Of course, I was having reservations about going outside.

Because of that, it was the right time to hold another festival to determine the ranking within the group. The method to determine the rough ranking was quickly somewhat convenient.

Because there is a large difference in the basic abilities between Hobgoblins and Goblins, we will have two separate contests to decide the ranking.

The results, well, that is if you can call it properly settled, are thus: The top was me as always, the runner-up was Gobukichi, next after him was the previous Hobgoblin leader, and after him was Gobumi. The three Hobgoblins after her were generally at the same level of competency.

The Hobgoblin Mage Hobusei might have come after me if magic use is permitted, but that is not the case this time.

As the festival ended, we split into three groups: Gobukichi's group continued with practice, Gobue's group who carried picks continued mining, and the third group was studying things, like the rules that I had decided, the ranks, the Continental Alphabet, and so on, with Gobumi as the teacher.

Meanwhile, I chatted about various things with Hobusei. I was interested in what kinds of magic she could use. Based on what I was told, the three kinds of magic Hobusei could use were [Fire], [Water], and [Void]. I pretended that I understood what she talking about, but in reality I had only read information from an incomplete source and in reality had no idea what she was talking about. After that, having exchanged all kinds of information, we each moved on to our own tasks. Hobusei went to Gobumi's place to study, while I went to talk to the human girls.

When I went to check up on the situation, having fire and water guaranteed by the fire and water spirit stones, the Blacksmith's forge was in the middle of producing tools out of the spirit stones and iron ore that we got as the result of mining. She could do that without any problems thanks to several sets of tools that were among the things we looted.

While I asked her if she had any complaints, I noticed that the smithy had been repaired recently so it was easy to use. Because she was somewhat less frightened of me, I left satisfied.

Next, I went to the station where the two human sisters were. Since the cooking utensils were looted goods, the Sisters using them did not incite any friction with the Goblins. With that, things progressed smoothly. Though, after looking around the station, I realized that with just two people, preparing everyone's food would be an overwhelming task, and so I decided to sit down and help them.

The Sisters were still a bit afraid of me, and so I thought that if I was proactive and spoke to them more, they would begin to warm up to me. Once in a while I caught them smiling, which was great. The smile of a beautiful woman is always a good thing. While we were at it, I taught them all the recipes that I know.

After that I went to the Alchemist who spent all day making potions.

The equipment was already assembled here like at the other places, so that wasn't a problem.

I inspected her completed goods with my [Appraisal], but so far it didn't seem like she had made anything poisonous. I was interested in the creating process, so I stayed to observe.

The Alchemist gave off an unfeeling impression, making me think of a disdainful Ice Queen.

She didn't talk at all while she was working, yet she was still a feast for my eyes so I had no issue with waiting. After she finished we had a short conversation then I went to my own workshop.

While there I tried using the Black Wolf leather to make defensive equipment. I stitched the leather with my thread, and using my practiced ability the crafting process progressed quickly.

Nevertheless, it was late at night when I was done.

Before I went to sleep, I did some practice swings with my halberd in order to become used to how it felt. Because I had been fervently moving around I'd become tired, so I slept like a log.