I need Dad

Jason POV

“Justin honey. Please just listen..” I heard Pattie voice from downstairs as I went down the stairs.

“No mom! This is too much!” I heard Justin yell. Wow! He never raise his voice at his mom.

I walk straight to the living room where Justin was glaring at his mom with tears running down his faces. Pattie was standing in front of him looking worried.

“Honey..” She said again.

“He’s my dad mom! My dad! I’ve had enough of his excuse! He’s not here when Jason came, he never even met him yet! Who am I kidding, he doesn’t even know what’s been happening these couple of month ” He sigh and started to walk away.

Pattie grab his wrist. “Justin. I understand your upset but there’s nothing I could do baby.” She try to explain.

“There’s one thing you could do. Tell him to stop making promises that he can’t keep. I’m done being the second choice in his life.” He said quietly and sprint up the stairs.

Pattie sigh and look at me. She smile sadly at me. I smile back. She patted the sit beside her, so I went and seat beside her.

“You shouldn’t have heard that.” She said softly and ashamed.

“Is he talking about our dad?” I ask nicely. She nod and caress my cheek motherly.

“Yeah. I know you must feel weird that you haven’t seen him around.” She said.

I nod slowly. “Well, let just say we were never together.” She said slowly making me furrow my eyebrows confuse.

“We were never married. He .. he wasn’t there when I give birth to you and Justin. I was alone..” she stop herself as her eyes started to water.

She took a deep breath. “I was alone when I gave birth to you two. At the hospital..  that’s why I didn’t know they took you away Jase.. I was in pain and alone. I fainted when you guys were out and when I gain my consciousness , they said they could only save one of my babies.” She had tears running down her face. I wipe away her tears as she smile at me.

She clear her throat. “But your dad.. erm.. he came back when Justin turn 3 years old. Justin was so happy about it because he finally got someone that he can call a dad.” She smile while saying that.

“I was angry at your dad you know but I decided to just forgive him and move on as I see the happiness on justin’s face. But of course that didn’t last long, he leaves again when Justin turn 4 and since that he’s been in and out of justin’s life until he even got remarried and have his own family. But after all that pain he cause for Justin, Justin never hates him or anything.” She said and look in to my eyes.

“But I know he’s trying to hide those pain, as a mother, I know when my babies are hurting. But he try so hard to hide it even when he got bullied at school.. but I guess today is the last straw. Jeremy really broke his son’s heart and he didn’t even know it” She sigh. Jeremy as I guess my dad’s name.

I just listen disbelief. I always thought Justin had a better life then me. it’s not any better than mine. When I’m at the orphan, I always thought, my parents are dead. That’s better then having one but treat you like crap.

“I’m gonna go and check on Justin alright?” Pattie said softly as she kiss my forehead and get up from her seat.

Pattie POV