C22 - stop setting yourself on fire for some who stays to watch you burn

Chapter twenty-two – stop setting yourself on fire for some who stays to watch you burn

"I was five years old when my mum told me to stay away from flames because they can burn you even if they look pretty. I was fifteen years old when I first saw you and knew you were the one flame that was too beautiful to stay away from, no matter how much it would hurt." – unknown.

FLASHBACK

"hey. Hey hey. Lacey look at me." I turned around and burst out in laughter. He folded his arms across his chest.

"I have the best idea-"

"I seriously hope it's not fashion tips because you look insane."

"hey if the almighty superior Ryan Evens can pull off a fedora then so can I."

"NOO. NO.NO. NO. I really can't take you serious."

END OF FLASHBACK.

I smiled at the memory as I stood in my semi-childhood bedroom. I opened on of the many boxes; it was full of books. Fiction, textbooks, notebooks and in amongst all of that was my pink diary with a cartoon fairy princess on the front. A let out a laugh. It was the only journal I ever owned. It made me think of Noah, obviously because of that day when he found it.

"Ooooh what do we have here? Wow, Lacey didn't know you kept a diary." Oh, God. No Please no. tell me that's not what I think it is. he held up a child's pink diary with a cartoon fairy princess on the front. "Is this The Famous Diary of Lacey Cambridge?" he flicked it open to a page. 'I want the ground to swallow me alive.' "OOOOO! I see my name, Noah Perkins. Hmm, I wonder what it says."

But also, the fact he was the writer. But this book was my safe place. I opened it up to most recent blank page, pulled put a pen and wrote

9.37am

Now you're s stranger with all my secrets

Noah Perkins is typing.

I stared at the screen and it disappeared.

"LACEY CAMBRIDGE!" Reece yelled.

"what happened to Alexis Cooper?" I asked.

"We're back in Melbourne (I don't know whether I mentioned where she lives as Lacey) and that means you're back to Lacey."

"so, we have a problem."

"which is?"

"parietal's want to visit us. They figured out where we are. I told you running wouldn't be the answer.

FLASHBACK

I stared out the window typical music video style.

"running away it's the answer, you know that right Lexi?"

END OF FLASHBACK

"so what are we going to do about it?" he handed me two tickets.

"a cruise?"

"we need a break and no cellphone reception and regarding the parents I 'accidently' double booked."

"you're a horrible son." I burst out laughing.

"hey I'm just doing my job."

"and that is?"

"to protect you."

"Right now, i don't know whether i want to kiss you or shove you off this ship." I stopped dead. Had the voice in my head replied to me