C36 - "I survived..."

Chapter 36 – 

"I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me"

T H I R D

P O I N T

O F

V I E W

I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me

-"the weather outside is frightful but the fire is-"

"Also frightful, did you forget im severely pyro-phobic."

"ethan I didn't know that. And I'm a pyromaniac. How did we never talk about this?"

'guys focus. We desperately need to get this done." Noah stated. They were all in a classroom trying to finish an art project but trying was the key word. Her motivation was non-existent. And seemingly so was ethan's. Alexis was staring out the window watching a hail storm go off and ethan was sitting on a seat at the back of the room making paper hats. "c'mon, we do to something artistic."

"uh speak for yourself buddy but I'm being artistic right now." Noah got up, picked the paper hat off ethan's hand and threw it in the bin... perfectly.

"DUDE!" ethan fawned over the throw and noah just disregarded it irritated that he somehow added to the distracting nature of ethan.

"hey," he laid on the floor as she sat staring out the window. "since we're not doing anything productive I have a proposition for you."

"hm."

"I think we should go out; on a proper date and see where that gets us. What do you say." Before Alexis could respond Ethan yelled,

"BINGPOT!" as he successfully threw something in the bin.

"classic Brooklyn nine nine." Noah hig-fived ethan. "so lexi, what do you say *try to insert another b99 reference* do you wanna try smooshing booties?"

"Nice one." Ethan high-fived him.

Alexis was with Julianna and Elise getting ready; noah and she were going horseback riding. And what can I say julianna and elise were the perfect hype women.

"hey, can I-" noah burst through the door but trailed off when our eyes connected. "wow." Julianna hit noah in the arm.

"what are you doing? She could've been changing."

So when they got the ranch there was A REALLY CUTE GUY whom came up to Alexis and assisted her and it seemed to her like he was flirting with her as he holstered her up onto the horse but he wasn't, just his hospitality and she knew.

"you're with Noah, right?" Alexis nodded. "he's a natural, we grew up together, his dad and my aunt were close, spent every summer with him."

"WHATS UP Adam?" Noah sauntered over on a horse.

"dude, how's Julie?" Adam asked.

"you'd get a better answer from Lexi." Noah montioned to Alexis. "She's seen more of julianna than I have." It was her time to talk.

"you know Julianna?"

"yep," he sniggered.

"she's your sister isn't she."

"smart girl you've got mate, but your girlfriend needs a little help."

"is it alright if I have a bath? I'm feeling a little gross after horse-riding." The horse in which Alexis was writing got spooked and she landed in mud, super predicable and as much painful as you'd except. As she laid covered in goop, Noah stood back and thought 'She was beautiful but not the typical beautiful. She was beautiful like a forest fire; something to be admired from far but never up close'

"knock yourself out."

Alexis laid in THE bathtub and she sunk her head under the water, it eased the pain. 'i'm drowning here and you're describing the water.' She thought. 'Stop drowning for people who won't even get in the damn water for you. Your eyes are the bluest of oceans, of skies and of icicles and ive drowned in them more times than you'd think.' It all seemed easier when it got harder to breath.

But if I sit in the rain maybe I can drown in something other than my own thoughts. I sat on the curb drenched in water.

"you were just in the bath, what are you doing in the rain?" I struck my lighter that was in my hand and then shut it off; I'd been doing it for a couple of minutes

"I'm not supposed to overload my problems onto you but I don't feel right."

"You've got this fire inside but your heart is so cold."

"are you quoting Halsey?"

Sat awkwardly at the dinner table was Jeremy and lacey. Reece was working late.

"so how are you and Reece." He sipped some water and had a slight cough.

"and you and Noah."

"non-existent." That night when reece came home, he came back with news; another promotion and besides the melancholy look on Jeremy's face I'd say It didn't come at a better time.

'we can get through this.' He said. If he only knew we couldn't. We both knew subconsciously that WE LIVE IN A DARK WORLD. PICK UP A FLASHLIGHT DON'T LIGHT A FIRE. Too bad I was a fire myself, one only I could control. The thing is I shouldn't light myself on fire to keep others warm. Our love is like a rose; flawless to the eye, beautiful at first but inevitably dies in the end

A few days later

Third POV

horror flashed over the faces of several people who know would be intertwined forever. mortal enemies fell into each others arms for the support they were desperate for; the support one didn't see she had.

"even when she's dead she makes it all about her." some girl muttered

the whole scenario was palpable if someone would've noticed.

Lacey Cambridge who was also known under several names died at 2pm last Friday. she figured it out: playing with fire would lead her to get burnt