13 | brother

A/N

there's a big plot reveal in this one. 

be sure to leave a vote or comment if you enjoyed this chapter! i'd love to talk to you. 

and of course, thank you for reading ♡

with all my love,

krissy

❦

"I SHOULD HAVE known."

Jimin freezes.

My breath catches in my throat as Minseok approaches. A wild side of him, crazed with pain, has twisted his face into one of anguish and black fury. His skin is pale, his entire body trembling as he speaks.

"I thought you looked familiar--" His voice cracks as he faces Jimin as if I'm not even there. "You. I should have known ever since I saw you at her apartment--"

I pull away from Jimin. "What—"

"You sick son of a bitch," Minseok hisses, tears in his eyes. In the blink of an eye, he's advanced with outraged and shoved Jimin against the railing. "You did this to him," he spits, "you—Park Jimin, JM...after seeing your press photos all over the fucking news, how could I have missed..."

Jimin says nothing, eyes glimmering.

"Say something," breathes Minseok, voice hoarse as he grips Jimin's shirt in a white-knuckled fist. "You fucking coward. Say something. Beg."

My mind spins with confusion and anger. "Seo Minseok."

"You don't understand." The words are for me, but Minseok's grief-stricken eyes are fixed on Jimin as he shoves the latter away. "He's a murderer. I was going to tell you about it, he--he--"

Murderer. The word ignites my temper. Instantly, my body shoves between them, standing in front of Jimin, shaking with anger as I meet Minseok's anguish. "When will you ever stop?" 

Jimin reaches for me. "Nari, don't—"

"No," I interrupt sharply, so angry at Minseok. "What the fuck is your problem? Why are you—How are you even here?"

His mouth stretches bitterly. "I followed you after you blew me off outside your office." He lowers his voice. "Lying bitch--"

"Hey," snaps Jimin.

I can't breathe. "Why—"

"No, Nari. You don't understand. You have no right to speak," he snarls, brows pulling low over pained eyes. He points with a trembling finger. "You're sleeping with the prick who's the reason my stepbrother is dead."