Chapter 24

Jen's POV

"Attention, this is your captain speaking. We are about to land in New York. Please buckle your seatbelts."

I wake up by the voice of the captain. Wait, why am I in a plane? Then I remember. My brother Ben is in hospital. I guess I was tired because I fell asleep right after the plane took off and I now slept for about 8 hours, the whole flight. 

I'm also quite happy I slept the whole flight. Otherwise I'd just worry about my brother. 

I grab my purse to pick my phone but I can't find it. I search in my pockets in my jeans, but my phone isn't in there too. For a moment I'm stressing about where my phone can be, but then I realize I put it in my suitcase which is in the back of the plane.

The plane lands in the airport of New York. As fast as I can I get off the plane and look for my suitcase.

When I finially find my suitcase I quickly zip it open. My phone is not on top so I dig into my clothes to find my phone. 

Relieved I try to unlock my phone. But it doesn't unlock. And that's when I notice I didn't take my phone, I took Josh's!

"Attention, the flight to Louisville starts boarding in 10 minutes." I hear a woman's voice saying in the intercom.

Shit! I don't have time to be surprised of having Josh's phone, I need to catch the flight to Louisville! I hope I can still buy my ticket.

Fortunately the woman behind the desk says I can still buy my ticket because I'm in an emergency. Thank god. 

I'm glad I know Josh's unlock code so I set the time. The US time is now 5.52 AM. So it must be 11.52 AM in Spain.

 I've 8 minutes left so I decide to call Josh. I search through his contacts until I find my name. It reads Jen with a little heart. How cute!

Then I realize I don't have time to hesitate. I press call. There's no one picking up the phone. What's happening here? If I took Josh's phone, then he must have my phone. But why isn't he picking up the phone. I didn't have time to write a letter when I left Barcelona. So he must be very worried. I wonder why he didn't call yet, and why he's not picking up the phone.

"The flight to Louisville starts boarding." A woman's voice says trough the intercom. I stop worrying about Josh and our relationship and rush to my plane. The plane that will take me to my brother.

Josh's POV

It has been a couple of hours since Jen left and I still have no clue where she went, and why she left. I've been calling for almost the whole time but without good results. Jena, Claudia, Liam, Maddy and Lis went outside, but I didn't want to come with them. It's not even close to fun without Jen. So they left me in my hotel room with Liam's phone.

Maybe she left because she didn't want to date me. And she didn't want to break up with me. But then she doesn't want to be friends anymore. 

Maybe she wanted to call me but she had an accident. Maybe she's in hospital. Or what if she's kidnapped? And then what, huh, they kidnapped her stuff too while I was sleeping. No.

I log into my facebook to see if she posted something. Nothing. I try twitter. Nothing. 

I try to call her again. She doesn't pick up her phone. 

Meanwhile my thoughts go crazy. I think of every worst case scenario. Jen being kidnapped. Jen in an accident. Jen being raped. Jen being killed. Jen in a crashing plane. Jen drowning in the sea. 

I know I musn't think of the worst because it drives me crazy, but I can't do anything else except for calling her and praying.

Jen's POV