"I know. I take no offense because I know how you were." I sigh "heh I'd love to see my moms face now that I am a vampire. I bet she'd faint." I giggle

"I don't doubt it. She would definitely be shocked considering she doesn't believe it no matter what." Natsu says with amusement "once your stronger and know more we can go see her if you want."

"Really?" I ask and he nods and smiles. "Yeah I'd love that. I'd like to go on my birthday next year, I know she will be sad and will miss me, especially on that day." I say sadly

"Now you have a goal, you can't learn everything by next year but you can definitely learn a lot especially with me helping you." He says with determination "First thing you should know is that we don't take things lightly. If there's a threat we exterminate it, no matter what or who it is because we can't risk the safety of our clan if we don't take the threat seriously. It doesn't matter what it is, be it human or animal or another vampire."

"Wow. So you guys are extremely protective, that's good to know I'll be safe."

"You better believe it, especially since your mine. I'll protect you with my life." He says firmly and looks me in the eyes.

"I believe it, you look like you would without hesitation."

"And I will." He says softly. "Next you should know something that might come as a shock....other mythical creatures exist and we have some friends and some enemies." He says seriously and I smile

"Like what?" I ask with amusement

"Well like werewolves and mermaids as well as unicorns and fairies just to name a few." He says with a shrug. "They all have mastered staying hidden except for the occasional spotting by humans but it's rare."

"Are you serious?!" I squeal and he laughs at me

"Yes! I can take you to some mermaids that live near the pier we were at but the unicorns and fairies prefer to stay hidden and the werewolves are our enemies so keep your guard up, if you hear a howl you run as fast as you can. They can't keep up with our speed and if they catch us they can do serious damage." He tells me firmly

"Don't worry Natsu, I'll always be by your side and I know you'll protect me." I tell him with a soft smile.

"I always want you by my side Y/N." He sighs softly and wraps me in his arms. He pulls away after a minute and looks at me. "You also need to know that if a human knows of our existence and doesn't become a vampire that they need to be marked and contract bound to secrecy. If they break the contract them and the people they told are to be put to death by being drained of their blood." He says and I swallow hard and look at him nervously.

"That seems a little harsh." I say in a weak voice

"It's not and it's to keep us safe. We've learned to not trust people Y/N that's why we mark them and keep them contract bound. They are made aware of the consequences but a lot of them don't care or think we are full of empty threats."

"I guess your right." I sigh. "Hey, is there such a thing as a animal vampire?" I ask curiously and he laughs.

"No Y/N. One because that would be beyond scary and hard to control and two the animal would rampage and destroy everything. It did happen many many years ago and it was chaos so we vowed never to allow it to happen again."

"So it's possible but it's forbidden?" I ask and he nods. "Understandable. Can we still have pets?"

"I guess but we usually don't because we outlive them majorly. You'd cycle through hundreds of pets in your lifetime if you decided on one."