Chapter 5 - "I can't have that. I have school!"

She fed her cats and locked her bedroom door and slipped out of her window, she fell down and landed in someone's arms. It was Hunter, with Carlos next to him. "Hey!" She smiled.

"Good, You didn't put the suit on! You got anything on you that's not metal?" Carlos asked her.

She scoffed. "Of course!" She said.

"Well, lets go!" Hunter said as he let her down. They walked over to Hunters car, where they all piled in and he sped off a block away from their destination.

"It's gonna be disguise!" Carlos told her handing her a waitress outfit. They all changed in the car and they got out. She had her night vision goggles in her pouch, along with her whip. They put ear pieces in.

They all walked in and Felicia grabbed a tray with a few drinks on and instantly walked out of the kitchen to go serve some drinks. 'The target is round back!' Hunters voice sounded in her ear.

'We should head there then!' Carlos told them and she put the tray down and headed in the back area. However, she got held back by a small crowd, she weaved in and out, when someone caught her eye. Flash. She groaned.

She weaved her way around carefully, not wanting to be caught by him. Once she finally got into the back, the gun free zone she may add, Hunter and Carlos were nowhere in sight. "Guys, where are you both?" She asked.

There was no answer.

Suddenly she was hit round the head and she fell to the floor, unconscious.

•••

After about 5 minutes she woke up to see several guns pointed in her face. She nervously swallowed and looked up at them all, not really phased by the guns. "Guys, sorry to be a buzzkill but this is a gun free zone, so I'm gonna have to take those off of you!" She said with a weak smile.

'Black...are you?' Hunter's cut off voice said in her ear.

'I foun...she's surrounded b....with guns!' Carlos said through her ear.

She was roughly pulled up by the first. She counted three. She elbowed one in the face, while she did a backflip and kicked the last two in the chair. "Lights!" She whispered.

Suddenly the lights were shut off and she pulled on her goggles and pulled out her whip. She thrust her whip forward, watching the black wrap around the green ankle and she pulled him towards her. She then knocked him out by kicking him in the face.

Suddenly the last two disappeared before her eyes. She turned the lights back in to see Hunter and Carlos fighting them. She shrugged.

As soon as they were on the floor unconscious Hunter grabbed her left hand and Carlos grabbed her right hand and they all raced out of the building. They fell out of the front door and she sensed Tony Stark looking after them. So she slammed the doors shut and grabbed a bandana from the car and ran over to a lamppost, she pulled it off and jammed it in the door.

She sat in the car. "That's crazy! Did our experiment do that?" Carlos asked her.

"No, so far I haven't felt any side effects of that!" She told them as Hunter sped out of the estate. Heading for Felicia's house.

"Unfortunately, you will! It's only been two days!" Hunter told her. She rolled her eyes.

"I was strongly hoping it didn't do anything to me!" She told him. "I can't deal with any abnormal mutations or some shit like that!"

"Mutations won't be one!" Carlos told her.

"You may become a little stronger!" Hunter shrugged as he drove.

"I don't need any more strength, I've already got it!" She pointed out.

"Well, I'm that case. It may be something similar to the likes of that avenger, Wanda!" Hunter told her.

"No! I can't have that!" She said shaking her head. "I can't have that. I have school!"

"I'm sorry for spilling it over you and into your drink!" Carlos told her.

"Carlos, it's fine. Nothing that much of a deal. Not like it could ruin my life!" She told him with a shrug.

•••

The next morning she walked into school and saw the Peter guy heading her way. "Look, I tried to tell him to stop talking about you! But he just wouldn't listen to me!" Peter told her and he looked genuinely sorry and almost awkward.

"Oh, that's fine! I know what Flash is like, don't worry!" She told him.

"Were those private school boys your brothers?" He asked her.

"Yeah, Jame and Jared! They're my brothers!" She nodded to the boy. She went to leave but faced him again. "Was it funny to see him being beat up by two private school students?"

"Oh, it was hilarious!" Peter laughed at the memory of the two boys punching Flash as if he were a punch bag for them. How they both made Flash look incredibly weak!

"Kinda wish I was here to see it!" She shrugged before she went to her locker to sort her things out.

She headed to school when suddenly a hand grabbed her wrist and spun her around. She saw Carlos and Hunter. "What are you doing here?" She asked them with furrowed brows.

"We're here because you made the news, Jackass!" Hunter whispered.

"What?" She asked.

"Well, not the news! You made YouTube!" Carlos told her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"You were by Spider-Boy and jumped off the building, with a whole lot of grace!" Hunter told her.

"Well, no one knows it's me!" She shrugged.

"Then we'll go, to our better private school!" Carlos told her. She rolled her eyes at them both before carrying on to class.

•••

She was going home when she saw Peter on the same train as her. He came over to her. "You catch this train as well?" He asked her.

"No I usually catch the 065, but this way is longer and it's sometimes nice to go the long way around." She told him.

"When do you get off?" He asked her.

"The last stop!" She told him.

"Isn't that where all the posh and rich people live?" He asked her.

"I guess. I live near there!" She told him while thinking 'My house is the poshest of them all and is inside the forest, deeply hidden.'

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked her.

"Sure!" She shrugged.

"How come I only ever see you on your own or with Michelle?" He asked her.

"Probably because I don't really get along with most people!" She shrugged.

"Right!" He said before the train stopped for his stop. "Well, this is me. See you later!"

"See you later!" She answered before he got off and she carried on with her journey on her own.