[9] Alpha's Request

Start from the beginning

"She sticks by me to guarantee seeing Saurus. Once he comes she leaves like a smitten kitten. Didn't you find it weird that she asked to join us, yet she happened to already be dressed for running? She had this planned all along."

"I can't believe this." Mia said, speaking in between breaths. Thankfully they were close to being done.

"This is mild. I can't tell you how many times she's abandoned me for a little conversation with him. I get that she likes him, but it would be nice if she actually sought me for me once in a while."

The sadness in her friend's tone could not be concealed. No wonder Sammie was so indifferent to Lisa's presence. She knew she was just using her all along, quite like a handful of other girls in the pack. It made sense why Sammie picked particular people to hang out with.

Quite frankly, Mia could care less if she went a day without seeing Samuel. It's unfortunate that her indifference to him made Sammie want to spend more time with her, and thus make her interactions with that teradaptos more frequent.

Oh, the irony. The one female who didn't want to spend time with Samuel happened to be the one who got to interact with him most. Fate was funny that way.

Present

Present

"You mean to tell me this whole time you knew what was bothering reptile?" Mia deadpanned. Her eyes turned to slits as she regarded Samantha.

How dare her best-friend trick her this way! It was abysmally low. She essentially did all that work for no reason! Of course, Mia should have figured something was off the moment Samuel mentioned it had to do with herbs. While the alpha was in charge of its pricing and availability, Samantha was the one who handled its production. As co-owners of the business many times their roles blurried, but there was no way Sammie did not know this was what was bothering him.

"Well, I'm not a mind reader Mia. I suspected that might be what was bothering him. But, you know, I'm not one to assume." Samantha said cheekily, pulling on a pair of slacks.

Riiiight. And Mia was born yesterday.

"Don't give me that crap, you knew!"

Samantha groaned. "Oh fine, I did! What does it matter, he told you the answer anyway didn't he?" Her lips then formed a smile. "Besides, you two need to learn to start getting along. How will there be a good relationship if every time there's an issue I have to be the mediator? I'm sure finding the answer on your own helped the relationship."

Mia screwed her face into a grimace. Get along? A good relationship? With him? Oh gosh, her bestie must be coming in with some form of wereflu. "Sammie, why are you encouraging our friendship? And I'll have you know that if anything this separated us. Samuel says he doesn't want to talk to me or see me for a whole week. We will never get along. It won't work. That teradaptos hates me and I hate him too."