Epilogue

"Do I by chance... know you?" Jungkook said to me. 

I felt my heart racing. I was excited and felt a pure bliss of joy by the mere fact that he had remembered me. It was like before when we were young kids, happy and innocent. In this world, and on Earth.

That time that we spent on Earth, I was so excited. I would be able to live a life with Jungkook by my side. It was all that I needed. At that time, I didn't even consider how my choice of letting us live on Earth together would make him feel. I didn't even ask him about it before. And I paid the price for it.

FLASHBACK

"Ahh!" Jungkook screamed as the man pressed the syringe in Jungkooks nape. I ran to Jungkook and the man screaming when Jungkook fell to the floor weak, lifeless.

"JUNGKOOK!" I screamed sobbing while holding Jungkook's body in my hands. All my tears falling on his face.

"What did you do to him!" I screamed at the man standing over me staring.

"Bring him back!" I screeched. I stood up hoping for an answer from him. "He's dead."

I gasped putting a hand over my mouth feeling more tears coming. "He went back to the demon world."

In that scary building with that strange man... That was the last time I saw Jungkook.

I asked that man to kill me right then and there after what he did to Jungkook. I couldn't live with the fact that Jungkook wasn't here on Earth with me anymore.

At least that was what I had thought. 

But no. 

He was right here. Standing right in front of me. 61 years later. After 61 years later that I had thought he had died, he was here.

That man from before had lied to me. Jungkook did not die all those years ago at that building. That syringe did not kill him and he lived on on Earth.

And after all those years, he still has a somewhat vague memory of me. 

Though he did love another woman on Earth and had children with her, As an angel, I will take care of the family he left behind. For that is the least I could do for my best friend.

I smiled at Jungkook before me. His face didn't change. It was the same small, cute face as before. 

"Do you remember me?" I said to him and he squinted his eyes a bit, looking away, trying to recall where he remembered me from.

He paused for a while before speaking again. "Y/n? Is it really you?"

So he really did remember me.

"Have you been well?" I asked him as he started tearing up.

He didn't answer me and kept crying.

"Jungkook... why are you crying?"

He looked up at me. 

"I missed you so much. That night at the building, I woke up and I waited for you but got scared and ran back home. That man was so scary. I didn't think that you'd die there. I thought you might have ran away too."

He paused before continuing on.

"And... I missed you so much. I missed you, and as each day went on without you, weeks and months passed on. With time passing by, I started to forget you. What you looked like, and smelled like. And almost a decade later I completely forgot about you."

He looked down at the ground, unable to look at me. He was embarrassed and shy, like a little boy standing in front of his parents while getting scolded.

I took his hand into my hand and wiped the tears from his eyes. 

"No... it's okay. You're here now. I'm so happy to see you again. I thought that I'd never see you again. You've grown up so much. I'm even more happy to hear that you met someone and settled down. While I was here all these years, I always thought of you and only hoped for the best for you. I also wished that you were well."

He looked at me deeply and smiled faintly at me. "Thank you Y/n."

"Now..." I said.

"Rest easy for now."

End~!

Thank you so much for reading! A lot of you guys asked for an epilogue so I decided to write one! I appreciate all the support and love I've received for this story and I really am thankful. Thank you! :)