Chapter 49 (Paroxysm Of Inadvertent Behavior)

I walked out of the hospital room hesitantly, hoping to buy myself more time for Catcat to change her mind, but it seemed like the waters were not going my way. I looked into her eyes one last time, it felt as if I was staring at my conscious and innocence that I have lost a long time ago.

'I'm sorry... I really am...'

No answer... I moved out of her space at last, knowing that nothing can possibly change her decision.

I spent the next few days trying to get Catcat to respond to my messages and calls, calling John, hoping that he would give me an explanation that I want and constantly visiting the hospital, checking on Lily's child, Millie. Deep down I knew that my motivation to go to the hospital every other day was that I hoped that I could run into Catcat and try to get her to talk to me, but she had already checked out and returned to her foster parents' place.

I watched Millie grow up day by day, growing a little bigger and healthier as time pasts. I think that God has given me another chance to be a Mom and take care of an infant through Millie. 

(Catherina's POV)

Mom and Dad helped me back home after my situatiion was stablized. It sucked having to sit in a wheel chair, I couldn't move much as I might tore my wound open again. The first few days I returned home, Tammy stayed on my lap everyday. I had to have all my meals with her in my room. The doctors were still trying to find the reason why she was afraid of her own parents. It was really hard, I had to sit in the washroom while Tammy had her showers and pee. I was like a security gaurd and mother to her, while at the same time I needed mom to take care of  me because of my wounds. When I had to go back to the hospital for a routine follow up,Tammy would hide in my closet, while either mom or dad would stay outsisde and wait for her, of couse not letting anyone on touch her. She would stay in the closet until I come back and get her. Everynight she would sleep in my bed with me, after settling her down, Dad would take me downstairs and I would tell them everything about Tammy, and they would grieve over everything, crying their eyeballs out. Everyday, my hatred for Katy would get stronger, she ruined everything, my family, my love and my life. After returning to my parents' place, I never heard from XXX again. 

Katy would still not leave me alone, she seemed to be my new stalker. There were still a few security gaurds outside my house, circling the whole area. I mostly spend my time indoors, not even bothering to go out into the yard as it was still freezing cold. Mom promised that we could go on a ski trip after Tammy and I got better. Other than the fact that I have an open wound in my stomach, my depression problems were getting better. I was clean so far since I left the hospital, and I started eating a little bit of bread and fruit everyday now. I was so strange, I felt as if the switch for eating just snapped back on. I still have good days and bad ones, but with my real parents around, I could cope with the voices and temptations and keep myself on the right track. It was really hard to eat though, after consuming, there were times when I would just throw up, my stomach refusing to digest the food. Other than the problems that I got from staying with Katy, my life seemed to be getting back to normal. 

(A week Later...)

(Mrs.  Foster's POV)

Tammy finally came around the corner and allowed us back to her side, she was finally back to her old self luckily. Catcat on the other hand, try to pretend that she is fine, when she is not. David and I took turns to station outside Catcat's room, making sure that she did not hurt herself when she could not stand the pressure of the panic attacks. Last night was a near miss when I was on my shift.

(Flashback...)

I was drifting out of conciousness sitting outside Catcat's room, trying my best to pry my eyes open and check the time. It was already four in the morning, but David showed no signs of waking up to take his shift. My head kept falling and falling, until I heard a loud scream. I bust into Catcat's room and I saw her sitting up, frantically looking around her, whispering something in an unknown language.