Chapter 2 (No, No, please stop the pain.)

'I....uh.......I...' I stammered before I burst into tears.

'What happened? You were alright about 15 minutes ago!' She said.

I shook my head, I didn't want them to feel guilty, I love them so much. I just didn't want to ruin the bond we have.

'Talk to me honey... I'm worried about you.' My mom said gently as she wrapped her arms around me.

'No... I don't want things to change around here...'

'What do you mean? Whatever it is, nothing is going to change, I promise you.' My dad whispered softly.

I took my hands out from behind my back and showed them the brown paper bag. I opened it, took out its contents. On top of the piece of paper two words stood boldly. ADOPTION LETTER. Immediately, their faces changed.

'Why didn't you tell me? My whole life has been a lie! You two always tell me to be truthful and brave, but you two are the biggest liars and cowards! Why didn't you tell me?'

'I am so sorry honey... We planned to tell you once you are 16. We did not want to tell you at a young age because we had planned to have Tammy after we found you at our doorstep. We didn't want you to feel that we have favouritism in this family. Well think how you felt when you just knew. You felt like you were the third wheel of the family didn't you? Now that you know, please bear in mind that you are still loved and you will never be alone okay? I know that you are probably very angry at us but promise me promise me please?' Dad cooed.

I gulped hard. Thinking back, I was really loved dearly by my parents and not once was I left out or mistreated. I had the perfect childhood because I did not know this cruel truth. I love Tammy and my family. I was always treated like a little princess and they gave me the best things and unconditional love I could ever ask for.

'I'm so sorry for being so rude... do you know who my birth mother is then? And why did she give me up? Did she not love me?'

I really don't know honey... we didn't even get to meet her... I'm sorry that you had to find out like this...'

'It's not your fault mom...'

'Why don't you go get some rest? We can talk about this if you want later, after our meeting. I am so sorry but we really have to go.'

'Okay, I am sorry.' I sobbed.

'Don't apologise, it is not your fault. Promise that you won't overthink on this?' My mom said before giving me another hug.

'I promise.'

(Mom's POV)

'Now what? I should not have told her to help me grab my designs. She is probably heartbroken and might be sobbing quietly with Lacy. God, I am such a useless mother.'

'Honey, it is not your fault. She has to know the truth sooner or later, this is a matter of fact. Since the time has come earlier than we planned, we have to help her get through it. This will be a lot more hard work for us as she is only thirteen. but we get through to her, we always do right?'

I nodded silently before touching up my makeup again. I cannot walk into a meeting looking like this.

(Catherina's POV)

I woke up after around three hours. I thought about why I was in bed at late afternoon, then soon remembered all the pain from earlier, The task from Mom, the adoption papers, all the crying... Man, how I wish I did not think back. I felt a tear drop rolling down my cheek. 'Try going back to sleep Catcat,' I thought to myself. After tossing and turning for half an hour, I gave up and decided to read the papers Dad gave me earlier.