Chapter 4 (Katy's Little Secret)

I woke up finding Katy staring at me, while stroking my hair. I felt her other arm wrapping around my waist. I looked up at her. She moved her hand slowly up to touch my cheek. I liked that.

'Good morning Katy, why didn't you wake me up? What time is it? And how long have you been staring at me? That's so creepy.'

'Sorry baby. You are so cute when you are asleep. It is 10 in the morning and I... have been up since 8.'

'Gosh! Miss Katy Perry you are a creep! So you have been watching me sleep for two hours? God! I am checking out of the hospital today and I am going home in an hour an half.'

'Oh... I will ask my driver to drive you home. Do...do you mind if you give me your phone number? I...I... want to keep in touch if I can...'

'Um...'

'Please? I promise I wouldn't call all the time to bug you, but please let me care for you please? I just wanna know that you are feeling alright. I am already thirteen years late, I cannot come any later.'

'No... I am not thinking about the phone number thingy. I was wondering if you will come home with me. We have to get somethings sorted...'

'Yes I will come! Thank you so much and I'm so sorry...'

I didn't reply. I got up and started packing my bag. Katy attempted to get off the bed but just fell onto the floor with a loud thump. I walked over to her as fast as I could and looked at her knees.

'Oh my god Katy! What have you done to your legs? Why are your knees all bruised? What happened?' I panicked.

'I guess that I just have been kneeling for too long, no big deal...'

'No big deal? Katy you can't even walk!' I said worriedly.

I touch Katy's bruises softly. Stroking it. The doctor came in, saw her wounds and gave her some cream to put on. I offered to apply the cream on which she happily accepted. Gosh! I really do love Katy!

An hour later, I am all packed up and was ready to go home. Katy escorted me and helped me check out of the hospital. Her driver came and helped me with my bags. We got back to my home soon afterwards. Lacy welcomed me cheerfully. I haven't seen her in weeks so I missed her so badly. I knelt down for her to lick me and cuddle me. A few moments later, Katy and I were sitting on our couch face to face. I held her hand, and looked at her tattoo, their looked at my birthmark. It was true, that tattoo is identical to mine. I always knew she had a butterfly tattoo on her wrist, but never in a million years would I have thought that it is related to me.

'So why? Thirteen years ago?'

'Well... um... I had you when I was nineteen, I was engaged to a guy who I loved very much. We got engaged and then I had you. He didn't know just yet. When I was about to tell him by giving him a surprise, he left... I don't know where he is or anything.'

'Okay... so why did you ditch me? Was I that unbearable that you had to throw me away?'

'No, of course not. Mom and Dad doesn't know that I was engaged and was ready to tie the knot. They thought I was a teenager messing around and had sex all the time. We had actually planned to have a baby after we got married, but I guess you came a little early. After he had left, it was just me and my baby, me and you. I didn't want to tell anyone until you started to show. But I ended up telling Shannon, David and Angela after a month. They told no one but took care of me all the time. I guess you know who they are since you are a fan. The first and the last time I was beaten up was that time when my parents found out that I was pregnant. They wanted get rid of the baby, but I refused. After I had you, you only stayed with me for three weeks then I had to send you away. Mom threatened that if I don't get rid of you, she will, which would not be a good thing. She loves me very much. A little too much that she thought having you would really ruin my life and the career that I was building up. When they found out, I was already seven months pregnant.'

'Wow, that must have hurt so much, Katy, I'm sorry...'

'Like crazy. That was the second time I lost you... well, the first time was a close call.'

'What do you mean Katy?'

'Mom was so pissed off that she completely forgot that I was pregnant. She beat the fuck out of me and I did not move or protect myself. I thought that if she had less anger in her I would get to keep you, but no... well at least that you survived...'

'Gosh! Did the beatings really hurt?'

'A lot! That was the first time I was ever beaten! I basically lost all my dignity for you!'

I leaned over to Katy and gave her a tight hug. She kissed my forehead and it felt so good. I just stayed there, in her arms it was so comfy.

(Katy's POV)

Wow! Is my baby going to accept me into her life? Gosh! Katy, you did a great job opening up to your baby. It was really hard. I was terrified when Catcat wanted me to go home with her. I knew that there will be harsh questions that I must give answers to. Well it did not turn out too bad, so I guess that I will have a chance...

(Flashback...)

I am finally leaving the studio and going back to Santa Barbara after months. Angela told me that it is the time to tell my parents about my pregnancy. I guess that she is right. They have to know. I was starting the car and was ready to drive back home. I heard my phone ring so I answered.

'KATHERYN ELIZABETH HUDSON! YOU COME HOME NOW THIS INSTANT! YOU ARE IN LOADS OF TROUBLE I'M TELLING YOU!' My mom screamed over the phone. 

Gosh, what happened? My guess is that she found out about it. Shit, you are so fucked up. I called Shannon, hoping that she could make it to my Santa Barbara house together. With her and Angela I hope that I won't die in such a bad way. She picked up, only to hear my mom shouting around the house. Okay, Shan is already there, preparing to save me with my sis. I arrived at the house, pulled into the driveway and got out of the car immediately. I touched my belly, feeling my precious baby inside me. I rang the bell, only to hear angry footsteps storming closer and closer to the door. Shit, I am so fucked up. The door slammed oped, revealing a really angry mom. Mom dragged me into the house, and started screaming into my face.

'KATHERYN ELIZABETH HUDSON! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND? YOU GOT YOURSELF PREGNANT AND DECIDED NOT TO TELL YOUR PARENTS? WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?'

'Mom... how did you know?' Did David tell you?' I shot an evil glare at my young brother.

'OH, SO IT IS TRUE? YOU ARE PREGNANT? AND NOW YOU ARE BLAMING YOUR LITTLE INNOCENT BROTHER? WELL HE DID NOT TELL ME. I FOUND YOUR FUCKING PREGNANCY TEST IN YOUR ROOM!'

'WHAT? YOU WERE GOING THROUGH MY STUFF? HOW DARE YOU? A LITTLE PRIVACY?'

'A LITTLE PRIVACY? SO YOU ARE NOT PLANNING TO TELL YOUR PARENTS? I DON'T CARE! YOU ARE NOT KEEPING THE BABY! WE WILL GET RID OF IT! THAT FILTHY THING WILL  RUIN YOUR LIFE!'

'NO! NO ONE TOUCHES MY BABY! I AM GOING TO KEEP HER, AND I WILL BRING HER TO THE WORLD!'

Then I felt a hot sting on my left cheek. I stared right into her eyes, determined to keep my baby no matter what.

'WHY? I DIDN'T DO ANYTHING WRONG! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU MOM?'

'WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!'

'You are getting rid of the baby! You cannot have it. If you have it, then you are no daughter of mine.'

'Mom please...' I begged. 

'NO KATY! IF YOU KEEP HER, THEN DON'T EVEN CONSIDER YOURSELF MY DAUGHTER EVER AGAIN!

'I looked down at my baby smiled. All of the sufferings thirteen years ago was worth it. Catcat was asleep, I fell asleep too after a while, we both needed rest.