Chapter 49 - A Night to Remember (Part 1)

Start bij het begin

"Jacob, you gave me quite the startle." She said as she removed her hand from mine and placed it on her chest. I grabbed her other hand and placed a quick kiss on the top, noticing the blush beginning to form on her face.

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight." I said as I gave her a soft smile, seeing her blush a little more prominent now.

"You flatter me, Jacob."

End of POV

"You look absolutely beautiful tonight." Jacob said after placing a kiss upon my hand. I couldn't help but blush a little more, only then I noticed that he was wearing a tuxedo. 'Oh my...doesn't he look so handsome in a suit. Pity I don't see that every day.' I blushed at the thought and shook my head, hoping he wouldn't notice that I was blushing. The last thing I need is him teasing me, it's bad enough with the suit that makes him just so good-looking. Unfortunately, I think he noticed the blush.

"You flatter me, Jacob." Nothing else was said as he grabbed my other hand and pulled me into his chest. "What on Earth are you doing?" I asked him as I begin to look around, hoping that Starrick doesn't see us or else it will ruin my plans and I'll be caught. 'I really hope he doesn't see Jacob and I. Starrick can't know that I have regained my memories, or else there'll be trouble. Jacob mustn't know that I remember him either, or all the moments that we've had, no matter how much I want him too. It's just not time yet.' My heart squeezed at the thought, but hopefully it won't be much longer.

"Come now, (Name). I've been waiting to see you again. Won't you enlighten me for just a moment, and perhaps dance with me?" At his words, a memory flashed through my mind.

Flashback

"I suppose that's a fair point. Anyway, thank you (Name), for enlightening me." Jacob said.

"Anytime Jacob, anytime."

End of flashback

I quickly shook my head, hoping that he didn't notice me spacing out. I don't need him asking questions right now.

"My apologies Jacob, but I really must be going." I said with an apologetic voice. I really did want to stay, but I just can't.

"What? Why not?" He asked me. I could hear the slight tone of sadness in his voice, and I hate myself for being the reason why.

"I want to tell you, believe me I do. But I just can't right now." I continued looking around for Starrick, thankfully he was nowhere in sight. With a heavy sigh, I slowly begin to pull away from Jacob, my touch lingering maybe just a little too long.

"What is going on (Name)? What aren't you telling me?"

"I really can't tell you right now. Please, just trust me and now that I will see you tonight, one way or another the curtain will fall on this tale."

"I don't understand." I simply gave him a soft smile and, with confidence I didn't think I had around him, leaned up and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"Farewell for now, Jacob. I will see you again tonight. I'm sure it will be a night to remember when the curtain falls." With that, I walked away.

Jacob's POV

She kissed me. I mean, it was on the cheek, but it still counts, right? Though I can't get what she said out of my head. 'One way or another the curtain will fall on this tale. What does she even mean? Is she talking about Starrick or something else? How will the night end? All I know is that one way or another I will be seeing her again tonight. Does she even have her memories back? Does she remember why she came to London? That Starrick is our enemy? All the moments, both good and bad, that we've had together?' So many questions and hardly any answers. Before I could get a headache from all the thinking, I shook my head and thought back to what I was originally doing before I saw (Name). I walked off and made my way to the rooftops, trying hard to keep my mind off anything and everything to do with her.

"Freddy!" I said the moment I saw him on top of the rooftop.

"Starrick peppered the regulars with his own men and took several guards hostage. Your weapons are in there." He replied getting straight down to business. I merely nodded my head and retrieved my weapons from the hiding spot and redressed in my assassin gear, finally ridding myself of the tuxedo. "Look." I looked where Freddy was pointing and spotted the snipers.

"Right. I'll kill the imposters and rescue the captives."

"How? It's impossible to tell the difference."

"Oh ye of little faith." With that said, I left Freddy where he was and got to work on killing the snipers, making sure to leave not one alive. "Now to find the real Royal Guards." Just as I was about to head off and look for the guards, I happened to spot Evie dancing with none other than Starrick himself. "Ooh. Dancing. And with Starrick, no less. How awkward that must be." Not wanting to waste any more time, I went off to locate the first group of the imposters holding the Royal Guards captive.

"Keep your eyes open!" I heard a Templar said. Quickly disposing the imposters, I walked over to the captured guards.

"I'll get you out." I said.

"Thank you, sir." "Thanks, mate." The guards said. I untied them and then left to go and find the second group.

"The day shall be ours!" A second Templar said. Once again, I quickly disposed of them and free the guards.

"You have my thanks." "Thanks, mate." The guards said. Once they were free, I scaled up the building and reached the rooftop to signal Evie. She saw the signal and, although I couldn't hear what she was saying, I did see her knee Starrick in the groin before getting off the building. Just as I was about to go over to Evie, I noticed (Name) was by Starrick's side, talking about who knows what. "Hold a moment, what the devil is going on over there?" I whispered, wondering just what she is doing over there with him, chatting as if Starrick isn't the enemy.

Just what are you doing, (Name)