"We know, child." The queen smiled down at her son, her gaze affectionate. "You've made good choices in your friendships."

From the sideline, Frederick snorted with laughter, but everyone ignored him.

"Keeping in mind your accomplishments, as well as the abilities you have demonstrated, you will be given the title of crown prince." The king grinned. "You will have to take up our duties to uphold this nation once we are gone. We believe in you. Do you accept this responsibility?"

Gerald paused, before nodding in agreement. "Yes, father. But may I ask a favor?"

"Of course."

"I would like to return to Sionelle to finish my studies at St. Julienne's Academy. I still have much to learn."

Letting out a chuckle, the king agreed. "Of course, Gerald. Besides..." He glanced over at Erin. "You still have unfinished business in that country... like securing me a daughter in law."

"I'll do my best." Gerald's face was serious but his eyes showed his amusement.

"We're cheering for your success." The queen added, also looking over at Erin.

A sudden chill went down Erin's spine as she glanced around the throne room. Why did she suddenly feel as if everyone in the room was staring at her expectantly? Just how many people are in on this? She wondered idly, keeping a polite smile on her face.

The court was dismissed, so Gerald and Erin stepped forward to say their goodbyes to his family.

"Erin!" Gerald's father stepped forward, pulling her into a large bear hug. "Thank you so much for all you've done! Gerald told me I wasn't allowed to publicize your part in saving my kingdom, but I'll never forget how you've helped me, my family, and my country." He set her down, smiling. " You will always have a home here, if you marry Gerald or no."

Erin felt her eyes burn, and blinked rapidly to clear them. "Thanks."

"Of course, we REALLY want you to marry him." She heard him mutter under his breath.

"Dear, don't pressure her!" The queen smacked him on the arm, before hugging Erin herself. "We are so proud of you and Gerald!" Holding her at arm's length, she smiled. "If you ever need advice, or need me to knock some sense into my son, just send me a communication spell. I will always be here for you."

"Thank you, your majesty."

She winked. "No need to be so formal, dear, you're practically family."

She then turned to Gerald and started talking to him quietly, while his two sisters ran up to say goodbye. Maddie leapt into her arms, burying her small face into Erin's shoulder.

"Do you have to go? I really want to play with you more!"

Erin laughed, hugging the girl tightly. "I'm sorry, but I promise, we'll see each other again and play, okay?"

"And you'll be my sister?"

"...We'll see."

Catherine stepped forward, her face a little sad. "Thank you for everything you've done for us."

"..." Erin silently studied the young woman's face. After seeing the fight in the woods, Catherine had definitely been more wary of her, but now seemed to be at peace with things. Sensing her questioning gaze, Catherine cleared her throat uncomfortably.

"I mean... take care of Gerald. Please?"

"I will." Erin nodded. "I promise."

They finished saying their goodbyes and soon the whole group was boarded on the ship back home.