Gerald nodded. "Thank you, you can set it down there."

They did as instructed and as a group turned to leave. One, a younger woman, hesitated and looked at the group with a solemn look. "Even though you lost badly today, we're still cheering for you for the competition tomorrow." Glancing briefly at Gerald and blushing, she then turned and left the room.

"Looks you have a fan." Frederick teased, sitting down and grabbing a plate of food.

Gerald shrugged. "She's free to cheer for our team if she wants."

"That's not what i..." Frederick was interrupted by Olivia, who stretched her hand out, shaking her head.

"Don't bother. His brain is too occupied with Erin to understand teasing."

"Takes all the fun out of it!"

"Tell me about it."

The group settled down, grabbing food and starting to eat.

"By the way, when that girl said we 'lost badly' today...?" Erin paused in her meal, thinking. "Didn't they just forfeit us when we didn't show up?"

Elsinore shrugged. "Unlike some people, I considered the implications of your team not showing up to the competition. Especially important when I know now that you were off fighting a war..." She sighed loudly. "I figured you all were up to something though, and I didn't want someone realizing that your team was gone at the same time and putting two and two together."

Gerald winced, pausing as he reached for piece of bread. "Good point."

"Yeah, didn't think of that, when you were off chasing your foolish girlfriend, did you, boy?" Elsinore snorted. "So I created an illusion of your team hiding in the woods the entire competition. When they couldn't avoid a fight, I made them surrender. You got last place, but at least most people shouldn't realize the truth."

Erin hung her head. "Thanks."

"What are aunts for?"

Frederick raised his hand. "Can I adopt you as my aunt? You seem like a cool, powerful person to have around."

Elsinore lifted an eyebrow. "I don't remember having a sarcastic little asshole like you as a nephew."

"Don't lie, you love me!"

Elsinore rolled her eyes and sighed to the heavens. "...Anyways... interestingly enough, Gerald's performance in tomorrow's individual magic fight competition will determine whether or not we win."

Erin was shocked. "Really? We still have a chance?"

"The scores are currently us and the Sionelle military academy tied at 7 points, Royal academy at 6 points, and Merion at 4."

Matthias spoke up, still staring down at his plate, his quiet voice surprising the room. He typically stayed silent in the background. "Why is Gerald the one participating?"

Frederick nodded. "Yeah! I can't believe I'm saying this, but I agree with the pasty stalker! Erin can take down a freaking army! I think she's the best choice to fight the military academy guys."

"Thanks guys." Erin grinned, setting down the half eaten sandwich and lifting a silver amulet from around her neck. "But I'm back to being restricted, and even if I've improved in magical combat, I'd rather not stand out too much in front of my father abilities-wise."

"Fair, but what about..."

CRASH!

The room went silent. Gerald, his face pale, had stood up, and shoved all of the plates off the table shattering them on the floor.