Olivia turned pale, "Wha- What do you mean?"

"I'm part of the student council, if you remember. The old headmistress tried to recruit me to her schemes as well, unsuccessfully I might add." His eyes narrowed and he stepped closer. "After that, I started investigating who else was working for her. It didn't take long to figure out who the ability thief was. I was just looking for evidence, waiting for a chance to turn the thief in. But then, low and behold, the headmistress was killed and the case wrapped up... except no one was looking at you at all."

Frederick looked over at Erin, the smile still in place, but his eyes sad. "At first I thought you didn't know, Erin. I thought that was why you were acting so nicely towards her. But then..." He swallowed uncomfortably, "I saw how you acted towards me, and I realized: you're just that kind of idiot. The kind who is too understanding and forgiving for your own good."

"I – but I..." Stammering, Olivia tried to explain, but Frederick wouldn't let her.

"Oh, I'm sure you had your reasons, but to act like you have the right to say anything about whether or not Erin chooses to forgive me or work with me... That's more than I can bear silently."

"Olivia, what is he talking about?" His eyes wide, Matthias stepped forward, looking back and forth between the two as if expecting to find the answer to his question on their faces. "What did you do?"

"And don't even get me started on you!" Frederick exclaimed, throwing his hands up in the air. "I know you haven't been around girls much, but seriously? You have been uncomfortably touching Erin since you met her! She could probably tear you apart limb from limb without breaking a sweat, and the only reason she's been quiet about it until now is that she's worried about upsetting Olivia!"

Matthias shook his head silently.

"Oh yes, the girl betrayed her, but Erin worries about upsetting her only friend, so tries to ignore the fact that you have no sense of personal boundaries."

"..." Wanting to talk, but unsure of what to say, Erin stepped forward, but closed her mouth. Frederick shot her a sympathetic look.

"Sorry Erin, I told you I'm not a good person, but even I have limits. " He turned to Olivia and Gerald. "And if I've noticed it, you two sure have." He pointed at Gerald. "You're her boyfriend! I know she can handle her own problems, but that doesn't mean you can't help her out! You are so nice sometimes that you're incapacitated!"

Ignoring the other boy who suddenly looked guilt-ridden, Frederick then glared at Olivia.

"But you... you disgust me. I know you feel bad your brother's been sick, but you of all people should be able to talk to him, to help him not make your best friend have to bend over backwards to ignore her own discomfort just to keep you happy! Stop being so damn selfish and remember that without her you'd be expelled or dead by now."

"I- I..." Olivia had tears running down her face; she backed away slowly before turning and running away. Matthias shot Frederick a dark look, before running after her.

"..." An awkward silence fell on the remaining three. Erin rubbed her forehead; "There was probably a better way to do that."

"Was there?" Frederick rolled his eyes, "You mean like pretending there wasn't an issue, like you all were doing? Because that was working out really well for everyone except you."

"Why do you care?" Erin couldn't help but ask.

"Who says that I do?" Frederick turned away with a huff. He stopped, still facing away, and continued softly. "Just stop taking care of everyone else for five minutes and worry about yourself. They'll be fine. You might not be if you keep this up." With that, he walked away, leaving behind Gerald and Erin who stared at each other in shock.