"A few days, uh, how about you?" I ask back. How about you? What are we in middle school Mads?

"My whole life." He answered looking into my eyes with his hazel ones.

I felt my eyes widen, "Really? I've never meet anyone who has lived in one town their whole life."

He chuckled, "Yeah, one good thing about it is that I know where all the best spots are."

"I bet you do." What was I saying? This guy is making me say crazy things.

"How about I show you some of them? You know, to help welcome you to the town." Chris said bumping his knees into mine.

"I'd like that. I'm free most nights." I said smiling at him.

"That's perfect, because its more fun at night," He said standing up. Holding out his hand he said, "Plus I'm free at night too."

Reaching up, I placed my hand in his hand. I let him pull me up from the bench. He didn't let go of my hand as we walked down path toward the parking lot of the park. I hope I wasn't holding his hand too weird. I've never held a guy's hand this long before. I glanced up at him to see if I was doing it right. His face didn't give anything away, but still, I've bet he has had practice holding hands before. Maybe this was something parents were supposed to teach you, that's probably why I don't know if I am doing it right.

______________________________

We meet Aubrey at the cafe she took me to earlier. It wasn't very busy, only a few tables were filled. Aubrey was easy to spot with her colorful hair facing us. I don't know anyone else who has colorful hair like that, so let's hope it's Aubrey. As we went more inside the building, she turned and faced us smiling.

"Well, well, well. Look who became friends while I was away," Aubrey said with a smile across her face.

We walked up and sat down across from her at the table. Aubrey already had food on the table. There was enough for all of us.

"I took the liberty of ordering for you," she said as she started to eat.

"Of course. Who wouldn't want to be friends with Mady?" Chris said while putting an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into him.

I laughed. Awkward, I don't know what to do. Luckily, he let go of me before I needed to do something. I'm still not used to people touching me.

"Mady?" Aubrey asked raising one of her eyebrows at me..

"Yes, Mady. That's my nickname for her." Chris said.

Aubrey stared at me with raised eyebrows. I shrugged my shoulders at her. I knew she was remembering how I told that I didn't want to be called Mady, but I didn't know how to tell Chris I didn't like it. Besides he seemed so excited that he came up with that name.

Chris and I started eating. We all ate lunch in a comfortable silence. I could tell Aubrey wanted to ask what happened while she was gone, but she held her tongue. After we finished eating Chris got up to pay the bill. As soon as he got up, Aubrey leaned in closer to me.

"So how did it go?" She asked.

I glanced toward Chris for a second, " Well he offered to show me all of his favorite places in town."

"What, he never does that to anyone," Aubrey said with her mouth open.

"I said yes, was I don't supposed to?" I question suddenly nervous that I did the wrong thing.

"No, no," she said shaking her head, " Chris is a great guy."

"What does Chris being a great guy have to do with anything?" I asked confused.

"Never mind," Aubrey said rolling her eyes, "If you want to go out with him, do it."

"He's just showing me around," I said, "I bet he does that for everyone."

Aubrey looked at me with a knowing look, " No, he doesn't, normally he doesn't talk to anyone but his friends."

"Oh."

_____________________________________________________

"Well, I have to get back," Aubrey said once Chris came back to the table.

"Where are you going?" I ask, she seems to be disappearing a lot and school hasn't even started.

Aubrey stared at me for a second, "I have to get back to work, my boss only lets me take so many breaks."

"I thought you needed to talk to one of your professors?" I asked frowning, I could have sworn she said that earlier.

"Uh...I did, but after I finished my boss called me in to cover for someone," she said looking away.

"Have fun at work," Chris said as she walked towards the door.

"Don't worry I won't," Aubrey called out as she left the cafe.

"May I accompany you back towards your dorm?" Chris asked holding his hand out toward me.

"Sure," I said reaching up to grab his hand.

We left the cafe and slowly started walking back to the dorms. Along the way Chris, pointed out different buildings and said some stories that he had there. I kept glancing up at him, watching him smiling as he recalled memories there. The whole way back to the dorms, I kept thinking about what Aubrey told me. If Chris didn't really offer other people around, why would he offer to show me around?

I realized we had stopped walking. I looked around and noticed that we were standing right in front of my dorm room. I looked up at Chris who was standing there smiling down at me. I smiled up at him sheepishly.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to zone out on you," I said looking back down.

He laughed, "It's okay, I remember just starting college, how I had a lot on my mind."

I opened the dorm door and walked in. I turned around and faced Chris who was standing at the doorway.

"Thanks for walking back with me," I said to him.

"No problem, but you can repay me for zoning out on the way back, by letting me show you one of my favorite spots next week," He said as he reached for the door.

"That sounds good, text me when your free at the hospital," I said as he closed started to close the door.

He smiled and nodded before the door clicked shut. Sighing I turned and fell back onto my bed. Crazy day. Is next week considered a date or is it just a pay back for me zoning out? Stupid me, why did I have to zone out. I bet Chris thinks I don't care and is just hanging out with him because Aubrey left me with him.