Party.

Calum's P.O.V.

"Who was that?" I asked curious nodding at the phone.

"Luke, they want to have a party tonight and we need to set up the campsite."

"Ah, nice! Who's coming?"

"Just us four and pizza." He winked and I rolled my eyes at our stupid old code name for Elizabeth that we'd created when we were about twelve.

"So, you never told me why you awkwardly avoided her this morning?" Ashton asked running a hand through his curly brown hair.

"I just didn't want to have a conversation about her and Luke's relationship." I shrugged.

"I see." He nodded his head slowly.  "And why are you so sure that's what it was about?"

"I just . . . they'd just been out together, they come back all touchy and stuff and then she suddenly needs a private talk?"

"Oh come on Calum, what if she actually needed to talk? You know this whole trip she's been telling Michael, and as always you, all these secrets or whatever and Luke's probably just pissed you're winning, you know what he's like. This is a challenge for him you know? I'm sure nothing is going on."

I thought over what he was attempting to inform me for a moment, pulling up the thin line only to discover my hook was still empty.

"Was I really that awkward when she asked?" I questioned, throwing the rod back in.

"Oh no, see you later alligator is totally normal." He laughed and I couldn't help but join in.

"Fair point. Oh well, let's set up the stuff." I smiled turning the small boat around.

Elizabeth's P.O.V.

When we stopped to get petrol, Luke went inside to look for some food for the party, so I climbed into the front with Michael.

"Can I ask you a favour?" I wondered nervously.

"Anything."

"Could you keep my diary safe somewhere in your tent?"

"Sure! Why though?"

"I think Calum was looking in my bag for it this morning."

He shook his head and smiled.

"Silly boy. Now can I ask you a favour?"

"Anything." I mocked him.

"Answer me truthfully to my following two questions."

"Shoot." I shrugged, sitting up slightly.

"Alrighty, one, what would you have said to Calum if he had read your diary. Two, do you have any feelings for Mr. Hemmings in there at all?" He pointed to my heart.

"Okay one, I have no clue. Literally if he had read my diary I would be humiliated. I mean you know the kind of things I've written about him in there." I blushed thinking about it.

"Hell yeah." he winked at me and I slapped him on the arm.

"Shut up! Anyway. Two, nope, none at all. We agreed this morning to forget about everything."

"You didn't seem to think that when you were kissing him the second night!"

"Kissing him is . . . nice I dunno it never meant anything though. You know what I mean? like I never felt anything."

He nodded shrugging.

"So back to those dreams about Calum . . ." He laughed.

"Oh my god." I cringed hiding my beetroot red face in my hands.