So I kept my worries to myself and told my stupid brain that I was just being paranoid. After all, we had frequent check ups with Katerina and the pack doctors, all said that all was well, so I tried to ignore the way my skin crawled with fear.

A smile easily replaces the frown resting on my lips when I open Levi's bedroom door and find him sleeping soundly with Damon tucked under his arm. The two looked so peaceful as they breathed together, comfort and security offered by the other.

I wish I could leave them like this, but they'd throw a fit later if they woke up and realized that they missed breakfast.

"Boys, wake up." I say pulling the curtains open, the sunshine breaking through and attacking them. They both groan loudly, curling into one another in a feeble attempt to escape the morning light. "Come on, I'm making waffles and sausages and I can't do it without my little helpers."

This made Levi shoot up immediately, Damon not so much.

"Dad, it's summer." He groans into the pillow his face was now squashed into. "Summer means wake up at three."

"Come on." I say turning on my heals, I find a gentle hand immediately at my back and I offer Levi a small smile of thanks. "I'm fine Levi."

"I know." He says, dropping his hand but remaning close to me. He was more attentive when I had a little one in me, he'd do everything for me before Aiden could and that made for some weird situations, but I was grateful either way.

The sound of Damon's restless groans could be heard throughout the entire pack house as he dragged himself behind us. I wanted to shove a sock in his mouth but past experiences reminded me that it just made him louder.

"Damon, you're on the batter and Levi, you're on the fruits." I say once we enter the kitchen.

"Why can't I do the fruits?" Damon whines as Levi hands him all the ingredients he'd need for the batter without being told. He was quite a bit taller than Damon but never rubbed it in his face like I knew Damon would if the situations were reversed.

"Because I don't trust you with knives." I say pressing a kiss to his forehead.

"Bu-"

"Damon you make the best waffle mix in the house, do you think you could do it again?" Levi begs cutting his brother off before he could begin another rant. "For me?"

"I'll make it just the way you like it." Damon says with a wide smile before getting to work. I give Levi a thankful nod and he sends a wink.

Soon enough, breakfast is made and steaming plates are placed around rhe table as we take our seats. Aiden had finished tying up the last few ends of his trip and helped me slide into me chair before taking the one beside me.

"Looks great guys." He complements before squinting his eyes. "What did Damon make so I know not to touch it?"

"Dad!" Damon whines with a frown while Aiden laughs in amusement. "Fine, just starve!"

"I'm only playing around, I'll eat every last bite." He says ruffling his hair, it takes a moment but the frown fades and soon he's beaming up at Aiden again.

I watch the two with a smile of my own. Damon was a perfect mix of the two of us, with dirty blonde hair and icy blue eyes he resembled myself. But the temper, aggressive love and protective nature was all Aiden. And even though he was only five, I could tell he'd grow to match Aiden's muscular build.

"So guys, I have an important trip, I'll be gone for a couple of days." Aiden says wiping the corners of his mouth as we all finish up our meal. The smiles around the table quickly fade as Levi and Damon look up at Aiden was sadness. "Hey don't give me that look, I'll be back before you know it."