Chapter 41

Just a little heads up, this book should be finished in the less than 10 chapters... I think 

-------

Jayson's P.O.V ONCE MORE

"You're going to be fine." Levi assures me while crawling under the bed for something. 

Here's the thing... we're not - Roger inserts.

"I don't think I will be." I reply honestly, he emerges with a large bag of some sort and a triumphant smile, completely oblivious to the panic in my tone. 

"You're being so dramatic." He mutters dumping the bag on the bed with a tired groan. He picks up a shirt from the pile of clothes he laid out on the bed earlier and begins to fold. 

"I don't think it's dramatic when not more than seventy-two hours earlier, the man wanted to kill me. Now I'm supposed to spend three days with him and believe that he doesn't want to kill me." I explain hysterically, putting the folded shirt he passes me into the bag.

"Oh, he wants to kill you, that's not changing anytime soon." He says with a snort. "But he won't."

I fail to see how that possibly can make us feel any better - Roger says as I ponder his words as well.

"Plus, if someone wasn't so afraid of flying then you wouldn't be spending so much time on the road." He says with an accusatory look.

"I've never done it before and I don't want to try it with him." I protest but it sounded more like a whine. "He would throw me out the plane."

He stops his folding and looks at me. His eyes search mine before he sets the shirt down, walking to me and wrapping his arms around my waist.

"I love you Jayson." He soothes, resting his chin on my chest to look up at me. "My dad is not going to take away the most precious thing in my life. So stop worrying, okay?"

"I'm a thing now?" I question with a smirk that makes him smile widely. "I thought I was your mate or at the very least, a man."

"Shut up and help me pack, we only have two hours before you and dad head out." He says turning back to the bags, the issue resolved in his mind. But to me, just the mention of what was to come made me want to puke all over again.

I was truthfully afraid of Aiden, but not for the reasons I think Levi assumed.
It wasn't that I thought Aiden was stronger than me, he wasn't. I could take him in a fight. My memories attested that the last time he tried killing me a couple years back, he was left with more scars than me.

Feral-you with nothing to lose, yeah sure. Jayson-you who only just conquered the use of a knife and fork - dead man walking - Roger says laughing obnoxiously. Let's not forget that fight was years ago, the man has been training. Probably could rip your throat our before you can say grapes.

At least he'll be putting an end to you as well - I reply and he snorts with amusement.

I've said it once and I'll say it again - it's been a shit run, I'm ready to go

Despite what Roger believed, I could take Aiden, I knew that much for sure. I was more afraid of what the man was capable of outside of a fight. I'm pretty sure he was clinically insane and could think of a couple ways of putting and end to me that wasn't entirely humane. He was a wildcard and that's what scared me.

Now I was supposed to spend a week with a maniac and be calm about it. Impossible.

Our final two hours with our mate, making them count - Roger teases before fading away.