chapter 17

We talked for a while and they all tried their best to cheer me up. In the end they made me smile but I needed some air. I took my glass of wine and went out to the balcony.

I stood for a good while, until I remembered the ring. I looked down and started playing with it, noticing something funny in the diamond. I pressed it and found it to be a button.

"State your name please?" The ring said. I pinched myself, and looked around. I was alone on the balcony talking to a ring.

"E-Emily?"

"Full name please."

"Emily Freebird."

"Hello Emily, we've been waiting for your first call. I'll cut to the chase, this ring is magic, if you couldn't guess haha. This ring will allow you to contact Christopher Wilkins."

"H-How?" I stood astonished, mouth dropped to the floor.

"Just press this button, and say something! Every time you finish your statement, press the button again and listen for Chris's immediate response. He promised to be here always, so he shall. Whenever you need one of those lullabies, press the button and tell him. You'll here his sweet singing. When you understand how to do it, no longer have any questions, press the button to stop talking to me. Once you press it again it will send straight to Chris."

"This is incredible, thank you."

"Don't thank me, thank Chris. Do you have any questions?"

"Will I be able to talk to him at any day, any time?"

"Yep."

"Alright, I guess that's all."

"Are you sure you're ready?"

"I think so. Oh! One more thing, will he always be there?

"Of course, until the day you join him."

"Oh God."

"Don't worry it won't be anytime soon love."

"Haha, thanks."

"Alright, anything else?"

"Who are you?"

"An angel dear, your Chris is one now as well."

"He always was."

"Indeed."

"Well thank you again, I'm ready to talk to him."

"Alright, goodbye love."

I pressed the button, anxious to talk to him again, I pressed it once more.

"H-Hey babe, it's me Emily. God I miss you so much already. But envisioning you with angel wings is pretty amazing. I love you so much Chris."

I stood there anxiously awaiting the sound of his crisp, raspy voice. I out my hand up to my ear, trying to hear it better, when suddenly I heard, "Hey love, I miss you too."