chapter 16

I sat in the car, trying to calm down. Luke was taking me to the after party at a hotel. We had booked out the penthouse above the party room, that way everybody could sleep in different rooms. Also our manager wanted to celebrate in style.

I was okay in the car, besides the occasional tear running down. I mostly just sat there staring at the beautiful buildings at night. I started to clean myself up and took a deep breath. I seemed okay for a couple more minutes, until "A Daydream Away" came on the radio. Now I was a complete mess again.

"Emily, are you gonna be okay at the party?" Luke said, noticing my anguish.

"I-I think so," I said whipping away the tears once again, "I'll just have to try not to think about it. I don't wanna cancel or not show up. Some people paid money to go and meet us."

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot you sold tickets for it."

"Only a few."

"Do you want me to change the song?"

"Please."

He changed the station to "She Looks So Perfect" and started dancing, attempting to cheer me up.

"She looks so perfect standing there, in my American apparel underwear, and I know now, that I'm so down." He said dancing and poking at me. I giggled and in the end just joined him. To be completely honest, he sounds like a god when he sings right next to you.

We arrived at the party and me and Luke greeted several (at least 10) people outside, about to go in.

We took the elevator up and walked to the room.

"I'm gonna go find the boys, do you want me to tell em what happened?"

"It's cool to tell em, I don't care. As long as the fans don't hear about it yet."

"Of course." He smirked and walked me to the door. "See you later?"

"Sure." I smiled and walked over to the test of the band.